I got the dates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the dates!

Well it is semi-official... surgeries schedule for August 24th and august 27th. First anterior and second posterior. These 2 months are going to be the longest of my life...
    I have one tiny concern though... The doctor's office will call my insurance 3 weeks before the schedule dates to authorize the procedures. I'm afraid that my insurance will find an excuse to not authorize the surgeries. I have insurance through school which is Anthem blue cross. I will guess is not the best, but they have limitations and exclusions and bla bla bla. So I don't know what's gonna happen. I really hope that there will be no problems, because at this stage I really want to get this over with.
    Pilar
    Scoliosis Diagnosed at age 12. Wore Milwaukee brace for 2 years.
    Now age 32
    Pre-op curves: C86-T98-L37
    Surgery date: 12/6/2010 (anterior) 12/10/2010 (posterior)
    Fused T2 to L5 with thoracoplasty.
    Post-op curves: C48-T47-L17
    Dr. Robert Pashman
    Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles, CA
    Before and after xrays :
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...5&d=1292969215

Hi Pilar!

How exciting for you! It always seems like a huge hurdle is out of the way once the date(s) are set and you can start planning the countdown, figuring out all you need to do to prepare, etc. I'm excited for you!

I had Anthem insurance and it covered me pretty well. I'm sure it differs, but in my case we were happy with it.

Best wishes as you begin this next phase of your scoli journey-- the big countdown! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

We'll hold each other's hand - I'm scheduled for Aug 25. It looks like I'll be fused from L-1 to T-1. . .but that might change now that I've had an MRI and will have bending x-rays in mid-Aug.

If I let myself really think about it, I freak.
      Fused T-3 to L-3, Aug 25
      Hardware removal surgery, Nov 2, 2010
      Fused T-10 to L-2, osteotomy, Feb 22, 2011

Comment

Working...
      X