PDA

View Full Version : lung problems after surgery?

beach_chikie
06-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi everyone,
I was curious, have any of you who have had the scoliosis surgery experienced lung problems? I've been having some lung problems lately... I've been weezing and having chest pains and back pains. I visited the doctor yesterday and he said that the surgery I had for scoliosis could be causing this.. have any of you experienced this after the surgery? :confused:

JenniferG
07-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Hi Hayley,

You are nearly 18 months post op so I doubt it is the surgery that is causing these problems. Sounds like a chest infection from a cold or flu virus to me. Did your doctor listen to your lungs? Are you feeling generally unwell?

Perhaps others have experienced this and can help you more than I.

beach_chikie
07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi Jennifer,
My doctor did listen to my lungs, but he said that since my back is so straight, it could be causing me to have problems breathing.

JenniferG
07-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Sorry I can't be of more help Hailey, but that's got me stumped.:confused:

Sherie
07-03-2009, 12:25 AM
This is just me thinking, maybe you're not breathing as deeply as you should, are you "guarding" because of your back? Otherwise, it seems unlikely that the surgery could directly be causing problems this late. Other thoughts are allergies, asthma, cold, etc.

Do you still have your incentive spirometer from surgery? Maybe you could use that for a while and see if it helps.