feeling over done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling over done

I think I may be over doing it these days. I have been up quite a bit through out the day not resting much or sleeping. I am using my elliptical 30 minutes a day which feels great while I am on it. No pains or weak feelings and heart rate good. The past few nights I have been very sore during the night....having a hard time rolling over again. I am going to assume I just need to start resting a little more during the day again. Today though I was doing good until this afternoon and I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck! Well, maybe not a mack truck, maybe just a little toyota truck lol. Still, I haven't felt this run down and sore in a while. Think I will make sure to rest up more tomorrow afternoon! Hope everyone out there is hanging in there and being brave with recovery or decsion making regarding surgery!
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Originally posted by asccbodypro View Post
    I think I may be over doing it these days. I have been up quite a bit through out the day not resting much or sleeping. I am using my elliptical 30 minutes a day which feels great while I am on it. No pains or weak feelings and heart rate good. The past few nights I have been very sore during the night....having a hard time rolling over again. I am going to assume I just need to start resting a little more during the day again. Today though I was doing good until this afternoon and I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck! Well, maybe not a mack truck, maybe just a little toyota truck lol. Still, I haven't felt this run down and sore in a while. Think I will make sure to rest up more tomorrow afternoon! Hope everyone out there is hanging in there and being brave with recovery or decsion making regarding surgery!
    Hi Susan...

I can't tell you how often I hear that someone has overdone it. I think the easier the early recovery, the higher the risk of doing too much. Hang in there, and slow down a bit. It will get better.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

being over done

Thanks Linda,

As always, I appreciate your input and you are always right. I felt that because I was back at the elliptical trainer I was ready for the whole day. Not so true I think. I will definitely make sure I get in bed and rest more in the afternoons and see how that works for me this week. I am sure it will make a big difference:O) I am beginning to think of you as my surrogate scoli mom lol!
      Susan

Comment

Thanks Linda,

As always, I appreciate your input and you are always right. I felt that because I was back at the elliptical trainer I was ready for the whole day. Not so true I think. I will definitely make sure I get in bed and rest more in the afternoons and see how that works for me this week. I am sure it will make a big difference:O) I am beginning to think of you as my surrogate scoli mom lol!
        Thank you, my lovely child. Now go to bed!
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Susan, I slept a LOT in the first 4 months post-op, and I KNOW I overdid things. It infuriated me when people would tell me this. Being the hardhead I am, I pushed harder ... and I, uh ... (zzzzzz) ... showed *them*. Laff.

For about 3 months, I'd wake up every morning feeling like I'd been kicked in the ribs while I slept ... by tiny elves ... in little pointed shoes. It passes - I promise.

Go with the naps when you get tired. I think it was Debbe I told "at 3 months you'll mostly LOOK recovered, but you aren't.". At 3 months, you're an ambitious accident waiting to happen ... a setback in disguise.

Geish will back me up on this ... she's my fellow nappie-time proponent ;-).

Hang in there, sweetheart.

Pam
          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
          EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom View Post
            Susan, I slept a LOT in the first 4 months post-op, and I KNOW I overdid things. It infuriated me when people would tell me this. Being the hardhead I am, I pushed harder ... and I, uh ... (zzzzzz) ... showed *them*. Laff.

For about 3 months, I'd wake up every morning feeling like I'd been kicked in the ribs while I slept ... by tiny elves ... in little pointed shoes. It passes - I promise.

Go with the naps when you get tired. I think it was Debbe I told "at 3 months you'll mostly LOOK recovered, but you aren't.". At 3 months, you're an ambitious accident waiting to happen ... a setback in disguise.Geish will back me up on this ... she's my fellow nappie-time proponent ;-).

Hang in there, sweetheart.

Pam

That's such a good description Pam. I continue to overdo it now and then; you'd think I'd learn better. Trouble is, sometimes you don't know exactly what it was that put you over the edge. Rest always helps though.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
            Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
            Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
            Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
            Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Heck I still nap when ever I need to...and as I try to get more done during the day the more naps I seem to need now. I am still trying to get through everything in my house and make decisions on whats important enough to ship to Maui. That on top of a full time job and I need a lot of rest. That's almost 19 months out.
              Geish
              47 years old, dx at 13
              +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
              Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
              http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
              http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

overdoing

Linda, thanks! I am going to bed soon!

Pam, I know you are right. I am an A personality type and I have been doing 30 minutes of cardio everyday and I haven't been napping like I was. Some days I might lay down for an hour but I don't sleep. I need to slow down. clearly after the way I felt today I need to listen to my body. Time to practice what I preach!
                Susan

Comment

Working...
                X