PDA

View Full Version : Yikes

Cheergrl
06-07-2009, 07:47 PM
hey yall its cheergrl and i need advice baecause of my brace i have a huge heat rash on my body and for all you braced ones out there is this normal:confused::confused: cause im not sure so can i please have advise:o:o

titaniumtough
06-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Hmmmm. Never had that before... Maybe you could try some baby powder?? Maybe you could change your shirt often throughout the day to keep your skin dry? Hope it gets better!! - Titough :D

michele27
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey. It's Michele again. That heat rash will go away soon. It is pretty common to have a heat rash because your brace is so tight and you sweat under it. Ask your mom to treat it with some type of cream or ointment.

Love,

Michele

Mom_15
06-09-2009, 09:01 PM
When my daughter was in the Boston Brace, she got a rash on her stomach even though she always wore a shirt under the brace. We treated it with cortizone cream and it went away. It is caused by the heat and the sweat and is normal.

dancer101
06-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Hey cheergrl. That heat rash is completely normal. Because the brace is so tight, you will sweat a lot and that can cause a heat rash. I just got my brace on Friday, June 5th. I haven't gotten a heat rash yet, but boy is it hot under that brace! Ask your mom to treat it with some type of cream.

From,

Haley :)