Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got diagnosed with Scoliosis just recently!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got diagnosed with Scoliosis just recently!!!

Hello

I recently got diagnosed with Scoliosis, I have always had back pains and I remember I used to feel like my back twists itself that would cause a lot of pain.

I remember last year I could not sit or stand i used to be in that much pain and I used to take Naprotec for it. I still get a lot of pain so I went to my doctor who referred me to a Physiotherapist who ten mentioned that I have Scoliosis.

In her opinion my Scoliosis is not that bad but she could not understand why I get pains in my lower back. She could not examine my back properly as I am recovering from a Pilonidal Sinus and I have had 3 operation in the past 1-2 years.

I will be going for an MRI scan for my PS only but I hope I can persuade the doctor and have him check my Scoliosis so that I can find out more about it.

Hi

Hi Maverick,
    Welcome to NSF! I was confused and in alot of pain when I first found this site too. I hope you can find all the information you seek reguarding scoliosis and all the reasons related to why the human spine curves & twists. Most folks here seem to have AIS & or started when they were growing up.... some, like me, were already grown when it stared and are waiting for answers / treatment. Lots of really awesome knowladge to be found thou! Again, big WELCOME!

dani

Comment

Welcome!

I don't know about UK, but in the US, physical/physio therapist can't make a diagnosis. That said, scoliosis can be detected by a non-physician.

Definitely get checked out by a doctor.
      30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
      2005 - T50, L31
      bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
      2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
      Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Thanks guys n girls. I am sure I will get as much information as possible from this website. I will start by having my MRI scan tomorrow.

I am in the UK and I do not know myself if the Physiotherapist can determine if you have Scoliosis. I did go to my doctor who thought I had one leg shorter than the other . As I don't think I have as I walk just fine but I will have to get my MRI and wait for the results.

Comment

Hi Maverick,

Welcome to the boards! We've "met" on another board (I'm NorthernGirl) - glad you found your way here - people here are very helpful. Good luck in finding out more about your scoliosis.
          - 39 years old
          - At age 14, curve progressed from 45 degrees to 62 degrees in two months.
          - Surgery in 1990 at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) with Dr. Letts. Fused T5 to L2. Corrected to about 30 degrees.
          - Harrington rod
          - Herniated disc - L5/S1 - January 2008. Summer 2009 - close to making a full recovery.
          - New mommy as of February 2011
          - Second child - September 2013
          - Staying relatively painfree through physio exercises!

Comment

Hey

Yes indeed, we have met on another forum I do hope to find out a lot about Scoliosis and I have a lot of questions that I will be asking soon.

Got a doctors appointment hopefully I will get most of my answers then. Its still quite confusing with the degrees and angle your spine is at but hopefully it will all make sense when I find out how my Scoliosis is like.

Comment

How did it go? Was he helpful?

*huggs*
              dani

Comment

Working...
              X