PDA

View Full Version : Good news from Connie's daughter

spincon58
09-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Hello ..

Today I took my daughter for her first follow up scoli evauation ..She is 12 years old and still growing.. I found out she has scoliosis days weeks before my surgery...WOOW....and after 3 months her curve dropped from 19 degrees to 12....what does that mean? Either way she is very happy and so am I.......

suejeryl
09-04-2004, 05:17 PM
hi, connie!

that is good news about your daughter. i took my son (age 9) for an evaluation a couple of weeks ago; he has an 11-degree curve that is mostly in the lower part of his back, so we're going to check up on his progress (or lack of it) every six months. how many of us out there who have scoliosis ourselves have children with the same problem? just curious....

spincon58
09-05-2004, 03:47 PM
sue,
my daughters curve is in the lumbar section also...your dr. should watch him very closely. I'm sure many scoli patients have kids with it...it runs in the family....I have my eldest daughter with a 26 curve my son with 14 and now my younger daughter so thats 3 so far out of 5 the others are still little......

MaryK
09-08-2004, 06:05 PM
The drop in curve is a mini miricle! I pray that this will continue too!

My dad and I had identical problems too. Both had kyphosis (hunchback) and both had scoliosis! We made into a medical book!