Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd jerking motions post op

Hey guys,

For the past couple of days I have been getting these wierd jerking/twitching motions in my arms and legs. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced these sensations? It kind of feels like when you are just about to fall asleep at night and your body just kind of jerks for a second and it wakes you up momentarily but then you fall back asleep. The only difference is that mine is localized to one area of the body at a time.

Thoughts???
    ~Allison~

23 y/o

49* Thoracic
    56* Lumbar

Posterior Spinal Fusion T4 to L4
    Surgery scheduled for May 18, 2009

Dr. Matthew Geck
    Austin, TX

Originally posted by scurve4947 View Post
    Hey guys,

For the past couple of days I have been getting these wierd jerking/twitching motions in my arms and legs. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced these sensations? It kind of feels like when you are just about to fall asleep at night and your body just kind of jerks for a second and it wakes you up momentarily but then you fall back asleep. The only difference is that mine is localized to one area of the body at a time.

Thoughts???
    I had that in the beginning too and although I'm not 100% sure, I think it was the narcotics. The twitching lessened over time as I cut back on the drugs and totally disappeared when I was completely off the drugs.

It wouldn't hurt to ask the Dr., and if you get an answer, let me know!

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
    X