shoulder blade issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder blade issue

Hi. Back from the docs office.....Dr Tribus doesnt feel there is anything going wrong w/the fusion. He says my shoulder blade is out a little bit but not as much as he was expecting to see. (Im dramatic sometimes I guess...ha ha) He said there is no "winging" which is good and wants me to start PT. YEAHHH!!! Im glad...Ive wanted to go for weeks now! He feels it would help my confidence and also said he feels Im ready to regain some strength to my core muscles. I did asked why it would just push out like it has and he really couldnt give me a straight answer. He did say that the area was more swollen that the other side and that no matter how straight my spine is now, my rib cage may still be off slightly. I guess I really didnt get an answer, but he felt 100% postive everything is fine. I go for my 6 month post op on July 20th....more xrays will show more info then I guess. Im looking forward to the PT.....I really should have pushed for it earlier...but I assume he knows what he is doing. Just wanted to share....talk w/everyone soon....

Lynn
    Lynn -30.... something
    DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
    At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
    At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
    Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
    UW Madison, WI Hospital
    **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Good for you Lynne. I really enjoyed the PT; I am sure that you will too. At first I went 3x a week for 2 months, and then 2x a week for one more month.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Thanks! Im sure I will too...its just trying to find the time. Between my yucky 9-6 work schedule it might be tough. Im going to try to find somewhere that is open late.....wish me luck. Debbe...did you do Pilates? Why am I thinking that is too "hard core" for a funsion patient? As you can tell, I am not a big working out kind of person! What do I know?! lol I did talk w/someone today, just to see what I could expect......he said various stretching, Pilates and "the ball" I dont know about that ball....scares me! lol What sort of things did you do??
      Lynn -30.... something
      DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
      At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
      At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
      Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
      UW Madison, WI Hospital
      **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

Working...
      X