PDA

View Full Version : Im 14, in a Providence Brace

cmlsoccergirl
05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey!
Im pretty new on this website, so are there any teens out there (like 14ish) that have minor curves? I feel bad complaining about a 20 degree curve. I am wearing a providence brace, which isnt fun at all! but could be so much worse!! Hope to talk to you soon!!:D:D

StephanieSmiles
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Don't feel bad about a 20 degree curve! That's great! (well that's not great, but it's relatively small)

My biggest curve is 8* higher than yours.

I'm fifteen, and I also wear a brace, but mine is a Boston. You're so lucky you don't have to wear yours during the day! Though I've really gotten used to my 21-hour-a-day wearing schedule.

Anyway, you should check out SpineKids. It's like this forum, only it has a lot more kids and teens.

Good luck with your scoli

- Steph

Harp209
07-20-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm in the same situation only I'm just about to get my brace. I have like a 27* or so curve. I have had the idea of a brace hanging over my head for quite some time now. I once had a doctor take a bad xray and he didn't want to re-check it so for 6 months of waiting and crying, I had to go in for my appointment. Thankfully I didn't need one. But I had done so much research and wondering that this time when I went in for my appointment with a different doctor. I was a little less scared of it even though it was a complete surprise. So now I go in today to get a MRI on my spine and then pick up my brace. I'm really nervous but I know that it will be all ok. By the way, I am getting a Providence brace and I am 13.

animallover
11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Hi at the moment my curve is 20 and 16 im due to be checked!
i am 14 years old. But have not been offered a brace yet.