3 month post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 month post-op

Hi everyone. This coming Thursday is my 3 month post-op visit since my surgeries. I have been doing fairly well even though I do still have some leg weakness but certainly not as much as before surgery. I had a myelogram/ct scan about 2 weeks ago and will probably find out the results at this visit. I have the cd to take up with me in case they did not send the film or results to Dr. Rand in Boston, because last time, they did not send him the results. Now I have to figure out what to ask him. I know I am hoping to be able to start pt and I hope to be cleared to swim but other than that I don't know what to ask. I have been bending more than I should but sometimes it's easier to bend rather than find the grabber. If anyone has some suggestions of what to ask at a 3 month post-op visit I would be most grateful.
    thanks,
    avis
    Last edited by theizzard; 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM.
    1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
    2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
    2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Hi Avis...

I don't think you need to worry about asking a bunch of questions. Dr. Rand will look at your films and give you some idea if the implants look fine, and if he can tell if fusion has begun. He'll also probably tell you what he thinks you should and should not do for the next 3 months.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Avis,

I was cleared to swim at three months and Physical Therapy didn't start until six months. Good luck. I hope everything is as it should be.

Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
      X