PDA

View Full Version : Toes!

chello_ns
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
At 8 weeks post op I am able to touch my toes without bending my knee! I accidentally figured it out but it feels good to know flexibility does return! (Prior to surgery I could lay my hands flat on the ground without bending my knees).
Don't worry, I'm not trying to overdo or rush things, I'm just excited!:D

debbei
05-06-2009, 07:15 PM
At 8 weeks post op I am able to touch my toes without bending my knee! I accidentally figured it out but it feels good to know flexibility does return! (Prior to surgery I could lay my hands flat on the ground without bending my knees).
Don't worry, I'm not trying to overdo or rush things, I'm just excited!:D

Good for you! I don't think I could touch my toes before surgery so now afterwards, I haven't even tried. :)

LindaRacine
05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I would suggest that you ask your doctor before trying it again. Most surgeons seem to tell their long fusion patients that there is NO bending, lifting > 5 lbs, or twisting for at least 3-6 months.

--Linda

chello_ns
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I would suggest that you ask your doctor before trying it again. Most surgeons seem to tell their long fusion patients that there is NO bending, lifting > 5 lbs, or twisting for at least 3-6 months.

--Linda

Thanks for your concern however, like I said, I accidentally figured it out (aka: DIDN'T try on purpose) and I'm not trying to overdo or rush things. I was simply excited that it could be done and flexibility does return.

gabs mum
05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Wow . that is encouraging. My daughter will have the same fusion. She is due to be operated on in Dec. That is one of my concerns is her reduced mobility. How have you been otherwise? You sound cheery!

LynnMarie74
05-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Accidents do happen....I caught myself twisting and bending when/where I wasnt supposed to...caught myself mid-act & would say" Oh Lynn!!!!" Thats what happens w/no brace I guess....well, good for you....encouraging news...I like Debbe, couldnt do that before surgery and wouldnt dare try at this point...to chicken. Im just now starting to not feel "bad" about bending at the waist in general, which Im now cleared to do. Just becareful......glad your doing so well!

take care....