PDA

View Full Version : 3 yrs post op...almost!!!

lelc2002@yahoo
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi, I just wanted to check in & say I feel great after almost 3 yrs. I realized recently that I bend & move (finally) like I did in the old days before surgery. It took me over 2 yrs to really completely 'heal' physically and emotionally!!!
I still occasionally get the grabber out when I feel it's a to hard to bend situation. I try to be careful but it is gardening season here & I cannot resist to bend & plant!!!!
All my best to all soon to have this surgery---Lynne

95 curve reduced to 60 ant/post--Dr. Boachie/Kim
@HSS in NYC in Aug. 2006

macky
04-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Congratulations nearly three years, to me that time has just flown by. I can remember when you were about to have your surgery done, really happy to hear from you again and that all is going so very well.

Macky xx

JenniferG
04-30-2009, 02:00 AM
That's great to hear Lynne!

debbei
04-30-2009, 05:04 AM
Good for you Lynne! I'm glad all your hard work has paid off! Enjoy your gardening.

Susie*Bee
04-30-2009, 05:09 AM
Yay, Lynne!!! I'm so glad you are doing so great. You have been an inspiration to me, as you are one year ahead of me and it's been good noting how you are doing...

I THOUGHT I was doing well at each stage of the recovery game, but it seems like when I look back, I am always sooooo much better as more time goes by. I guess it's good to think you are doing well and then be pleasantly surprised by how much more you can do with the passage of time...

Hope you celebrate your 3rd anniversary in some way. I'm so glad you posted!

LynnMarie74
04-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Im a long way from 3 yrs....but it's refreshing to hear stories like yours. Thanks for sharing.....plant away! :)

loves to skate
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks for posting Lynn. I'm so happy for you. It is good to know that there is healing beyond two years because right now, it looks like I will need that much time. My best to you. Sally

titaniumed
05-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi Lynn

You have quite a story, with a great outcome.
Fantastic!

I grew up in Wayne, NJ I left in 1980 Where are you at? You remember Dr Ciccone years ago?
Ed

naptown78
05-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I am so glad you are doing well at the 3 year mark. I like to hear from people that are that far out from surgery to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I know that time is the great healer and it sounds like you are proof of that. Good luck in your gardening. I see my weeds and my head wants to get back to it so bad but my back doesn't want me too!
Kristy

abhbarry
05-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Great to hear from you! Congrats on being 3 years post-op! Wow, how time flies.
All the best,
Anya