bending x-rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bending x-rays

I am scheduled for surgery June 4 & 8, but have not had bending x-rays, I've been reading about many of you having to have these it seems, to determin something about where the fusion will be? I do have an appointment with my surgeon on May 20th, also I have had the MRI, CAT Scan, and of course the scoli x-rays, but no bending in any of these. Also while I'm here, has anyone had a blood clot catcher inserted prior to surgery (sorry can't remember the medical name to this!)
    Dolores A
    June 4, 2009 Anterior L3 - S1
    June 8, 2009 Posterior T4 - Pelvis
    Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS
    NY Spine & Scoliosis Center

My daughter had the bending xrays at her pre-op appt. about one month prior to surgery. I would assume that's when you'll get your's done too. Best wishes to you.

Comment

Thanks Sherie, that cleared that up, and thanks for the best wishes.
      Dolores A
      Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS

Comment

Hi Dolores...

I also had my bending xray done in my last appointment before surgery.

I suspect you're talking about a vena cava or IVC filter. I can only remember hearing of one person here who had one placed. It's definitely not routine, so I would question whether it's being placed because of an issue with your health, or for some other reason.

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Linda, yes now that you spelled it out I remember the acronym IVC filter.

My surgeon wants this done as a routine precautionary, It can't be my health as I have not done my pre-admin or physical with my doctor -- they are scheduled for the middle of May. My surgeons assistant wanted this inserted prior to the surgery, but the thoracic surgeon said being that I will have A/P surgery, he'll put it in while I out for the count during the Anterior part -- I asked him to call my surgeon and let me know.
          Dolores A
          Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS

Comment

I just had my bending xrays on Monday. My doctor does them about 8 weeks prior to surgery because he needs to schedule that far in advance. But he said it is important to have them pretty close to the surgery so I'm betting you will have yours done at your next appointment.

I found it very interesting. I'm going to post more about it on my thread about bending xrays.

Good luck with yours and with your surgery. I will be having mine June 30. Luckily I only have to have one.

Sheri
            At age 56 my curves measured: 48/60/30 with lots of rotation and getting worse
            Posterior fusion T5-L4 June 30, 2009
            Excellent correction

Comment

Hi Sheri, I'll be looking forward to that thread because I never thought to ask my surgeon when he told me today I'll have mine on May 20th what is the purpose of these x-rays.

Good luck with your surgery also -- be strong, I'll be cheering you on! As Susie tells everyone, we'll be on the other side of this soon enough and on the mend!
              Dolores A
              Mark Agulnick, MD FAAOS

Comment

Working...
              X