worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worried

My 12 year old started wearing her boston brace in Dec,I've recently noticed a bump sticking out of the back,on the top part of her top velcro. you can tell its the rib rotation causing this. Do you think were due for a new brace? She goes to the orthopedist dr in the beginning of May,for her out of brace x-ray.
    I really think its gotten worse!

jennie

Originally posted by borngmama View Post
    My 12 year old started wearing her boston brace in Dec,I've recently noticed a bump sticking out of the back,on the top part of her top velcro. you can tell its the rib rotation causing this. Do you think were due for a new brace? She goes to the orthopedist dr in the beginning of May,for her out of brace x-ray.
    I really think its gotten worse!

jennie
    Hi Jennie
    I'm wearing a boston brace and I also feel like my back has gotten worse since I got my second brace (which is also very different from the first brace I got) and we have talked about having it checked and maybe changed (we have also got worse result with the x-ray since i got the second brace) - sometimes they make mistakes with the braces, so maybe it would be a good idea to go to the doctor or to were you got the brace - just to be sure?

I'm not an expert, but i hope it helped a little and if you or your daughter have any questions i would be happy to help!

Hope everything turns out good for you and that the brace is working!
    - Dina

14-year-old girl from Denmark
    Scoliosis with 3 curves (have known since i was about 9)
    Have worn a Boston brace since 2008

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"
    - a great quote to show that we can't let our backs and braces hold us from doing what we want! :'D

Comment

My daughter's curve worsened with her second Boston Brace. We switched to the Spinecor brace a year ago and have had consistent improvement. Please consider all of the options available and do not be afraid to try something else if what you have isn't working.

One of the things that we did was take pictures every month and compare so we could see if it was working or if we needed to schedule an appointment sooner. This helped us identify that it wasn't working so we could switch treatments before it got too bad.

Comment

Working...
      X