Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here....& a question

Hi!

I am new here. I have a 13 year old son, Jimmy, who was diagnosed with scoliosis. At this time, he is just being screened for it every 6 months, with no further treatment. Jimmy also has mild asthma & Epilepsy. He just recently had a vagus nerve stimulator implanted to try to control his drug resistant seizures.

My question is this....About 3 months ago, Jimmy started getting stretch mark looking things on the sides of his back (Jimmy has always been thin & has not had a rapid weight loss)...I didn't take him in to have it looked at. Today I looked at his back & his lower back is covered in these stretch mark looking things. I also noticed that I could see his curve in his spine, I have not been able to see it when he was first diagnosed. Could these marks on his back have something to do with his scoliosis? I am baffled at what they can be from!

Thank you in advance!

Tamie
    Mom to 13 year old Jimmy - scoliosis, asthma & epilepsy

i am no doctor, however, i would take him to the ortho immediatly because it's some new sympton that's popped up that wasn't there before. when can you see the curve, when he's standing up or when he's bent over? wish you luck, Derek

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply, Derek.

I just noticed this tonight....I truly have my hands ful with him...I have not checked to see if I could see the curve while he was standing. But I have noticed that he can jut his shoulder blade out really far. YUCK!

Jimmy as of yet has not been to see a Ortho doc. I am planning on calling his doc's office first thing in the morning though, as I am getting concerned.

Thanks.

Tamie
      Mom to 13 year old Jimmy - scoliosis, asthma & epilepsy

Comment

Start by visiting www.srs.org - click on the "Physician Locator" tab and find a Scoliosis doctor in your area. It is very typical to see the Scoliosis curve when the person is bent over.

Comment

Working...
        X