Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boniva osteoporosis and Scoliosis

I wasnt sure where to post this.

While following some link I came across one that said that many folks with Scoliosis also have osteoporosis.
    One of the drugs used to treat osteoporosis is Boniva.

My mom had an absolutely horrible reaction to Boniva. While researching it several years ago I found she was not alone.

If anyone is considering taking Boniva, you should at least review the anecdotal reports here before making up your own mind.

I am sure there is bias in the anecdotal reporting at that website of adverse effects. But the "score" of 1.3/5 after over 700 reviews might make you pause to think about it.

Hi CD...

Good to know.

By the way, there is a correlation between osteoporosis and scoliosis, but I think most suspect it's due to the fact that people with back pain are less likely to get regular weight bearing exercise. Additionally, a lot of elderly individuals have scoliosis caused by bone degeneration.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X