slightly personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slightly personal

I will ask this as delicatley as possible. What about sex after surgery? Is it impossible for a few months? Is it something my spouse and I should forget about for awhile?
    I certainly wouldn't want to jarr anything out of place. NOT that I am lookingforward to some kind of marathon sex sessions!!!!! What were you told by your surgeons? Thanks
    Deb

Hi Deb...

In "The Scoliosis Sourcebook" Dr. Michael Neuwirth states that patients should resume sexual activity whenever they feel comfortable doing so. He even states "Some patients undoubtedly have sex the first night they go home." YIKES! He also says that patients should use their own judgment regarding sexual positions. And, he urges people to use birth control until the fusion is solid.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Deb,

Honestly I felt better, after 5 weeks...., if your in pain, i'm sure your husband would not want to touch u, for fear of hurting u..,it's 2 months for me and i'm bike riding ..
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism