Birthday's and back to work.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday's and back to work.....

....what a combo! Well friends, its just about that time of year, where you get another year older and wiser....or so they say. I say Im just getting crows feet & grey hair! Ughhh....and to top it off, tomorrow, instead of enjoying my b-day, I have 2 doc apts. The 1st is non surgery related, still a pain in the patootie, and the 2nd is seeing Dr Tribus for my night time pain. Im hoping we can just figure out whats up, hopefully fix it and move on!!! Fingers crossed!! Other than that, I may talk my husband into taking me to my favorite Chinese place for dinner! Either way, it will be spoiled as I go back to work the day after! Part time for a week, then back to the joyous 8 hr days. Im thrilled, cant you tell? In a way....Im kind of excited to see my co-workers again as Ive been w/Chase and working w/lots of those people for almost 9 yrs. All I know is that my desk has moved 2 times in the 12 weeks Ive been gone....kinda scary. The banking industry is probably not the most stable place to be right now BUT as far as I know, I still have 'A' job! lol Right before my leave, the loan center I work out of let 60% of our staff go, leaving me w/4 out of 13 of my lenders. I was lucky enough to survive that cut, but a whole level of managment got cut out and the managers(myself included) got stepped down to an ast manager and my manager now has my job. I got to keep my salary tho, so really, it wasnt as bad is it seemed. Im actually looking forward to not having those kind of responsibilities or stress anymore, but Im sure, when something comes up, they will slide me right back in. UGH! Oh well....just wanted to vent and complain about my last day and 1/2 of freedom from the working world. Other than the 1st 6 weeks, the last 6 have been a little more like an odd vacation.....without the fun vacation stuff!!

Im done now....I hope everyone else is having a nice day!!!
    Lynn -30.... something
    DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
    At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
    At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
    Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
    UW Madison, WI Hospital
    **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Lynn - HAPPY BIRTHDAY one day early. I'm not sure I'll be online tomorrow so wanted to make sure I wished you this!! I hope your doctor appointments go well and Chinese food sounds wonderful....hmmm....you got me thinking about this for supper tonight

Good luck with going back to work as well. I have my 3 week post-op visit tomorrow and will probably find out how long I will need to stay off work. I'm hoping I feel well enough to go back in the next several weeks..but, who knows as I still get tired very easily.

Take care and enjoy YOUR day!

Rachel

Comment

Happy Birthday Lynn. I hope the Dr. can figure out what's going on with your pain. What a PIA about the job. YOu're right though, less stress is always good.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Enjoy your last day off - even if it is sitting in the waiting room. My hubby, daughter, and I actually enjoyed (and giggled) while watching people work out (you know the office It was refreshing to have a laugh while waiting for the doc.

Enjoy the Chinese food and best of luck at work!

Always Smilin'
        Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
        pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
        pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
        right thoracic 57
        lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
        revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
        unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

Wishing you a very happy birthday Lynne. You've done well to be heading back to work tomorrow. I do hope Dr. Tribus can work out what your pain problem is. I don't think it's anything serious, because you seemed to have found a solution, even if it's temporary, yourself.

Let us know what he says, if you get the chance!
          Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
          Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
          T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
          Osteotomies and Laminectomies
          Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes & the good luck for my apt tomorrow!!! I will check in sometime tomorrow to let you know what they find...or dont find.....good nite!
            Lynn -30.... something
            UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

Yes, Happy Birthday and good luck with the appointments. We'll look forward to hearing the outcome of your scoli one. You definitely will have a full day today! Enjoy the Chinese food! Susie
              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

bday

Lynn,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Another year wiser! Hope your apt. went well! Take care and keep us posted!
                Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
                50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
                Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
                X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
                Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
                Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
                Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Well.....Xrays show no signs of broken rods, or loosened screws...well, not in my back anyway! Ha ha ha. She thinks it's either the muscle(s) by my hip/leg or a pinched nerve in that area. Hummmm....geee, I could have told me that! lol BOT the good news is no broken or out of place hardware I guess...BUT so real resolution. She gave me some stretching excersices to do & I have to keep my 3 month post op apt w/Dr Tribus on the 20th. (I saw his PA yesterday-he was in a medical confrence) If Im still having the pain by the 20th, he will be ordering a CAT scan of my lower pelvic area...or so she said. There is good news tho---I have been sleeping & staying asleep for the past 4 days now w/my "double V combo" as I like to call it. (Vicodin and Valium) Seems to work w/the couch and the BIG couch pillow, so I wont be changing that anytime soon.

Work today SUCKED! It was a complete waste of my time. Not only did I not have a desk, but they couldnt seem to locate my computer, monitor or phone......but eh, who needs those things to work?!?!? So, needless to say I spent my 4 hrs of time socializing w/my co workers! I did end up finding my computer by the way, about 3o mins before I left. It was in the place it was moved to when they moved me while I was out and never bothered to move it up to the new floor/location. Very odd........oh well, at least I wasnt fired! lol Gotta run now...just thought Id check in!!

Thanks for the bday wishes!!
                  Lynn -30.... something
                  UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

I'm so excited your back to work, I will miss my co-workers so much. I'm sure some will come see me. How did you feel the next day?

Congrats on jumping that hurdle.
                    ~Em

Diagnosed at 13, Milw brace-didn't wear it like I should have.
                    pre-surg 78* Thoracic,
                    post-surg 22* Thoracic.
                    Fusion from T2 to L2 scheduled for April 15, 09 in Tulsa, OK

Comment

Work was ok....I was very very tired Wed night.....and Thursday nite too. I did manage to get out w/some work folks Friday evening...that was a good time. I did miss everyone....but Im dreading the 8 hr days Ive got coming up starting Wednesday.......dont now if Im quite ready for that one yet!!

Hope everyone had a happy Easter!!
                      Lynn -30.... something
                      UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

I've enjoyed reading your postings. You have a great attitude and I believe that has a lot to do with healing. I hope your strange night-time pain goes away soon. It's fantastic that you don't have anything broken there.

Good luck on the transition back to work !
                        At age 56 my curves measured: 48/60/30 with lots of rotation and getting worse
                        Posterior fusion T5-L4 June 30, 2009
                        Excellent correction

Comment

Working...
                        X