PDA

View Full Version : Before and After Pictures

doodie
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I have just posted pictures here of my back before surgery 3/13/2009 and after my I had my staples removed yesterday 3/31/2009. Also, I have added 2 post-surgery x-rays to my signature.

A huge thanks to Dr. Kebaish and his team! :D and to my techie husband whos help is invaluable in uploading these pictures for me. :)

Before surgery (http://www.box.net/shared/xl3a1zqy80)

Post Surgery (http://www.box.net/shared/qzvhl1iuh0)

JenniferG
04-01-2009, 10:40 PM
It's truly miractulous what they can do. You must be thrilled Julie!

How are you managing? What pain meds are you currently on? I have dropped from my hospital dose of Endone, 8 pills a day to 3 and from 40mg Oxycontin twice a day to 20mg twice a day. I am so relieved because they told me I was on a horse-dose in hospital.

Are you doing a lot of walking?

doodie
04-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Thank you Jennifer. Yes, I feel we are among medical miracles.

For the most part I am managing the pain. I have been able to get myself in and out of bed for a week now and I get around the house pretty well. I use the walker occassionally at night for balance in the dark when I get up to use the bathroom which I have to do almost every 1 1/2 hours like clockwork. I have a UTI which I hopefully will find out what kind so I can take the appropriate antibiotic to get rid of it before my second surgery which is April 14th. The constant urinating makes it impossible to sleep through the night - on the other hand, it has kept me getting up at night and moving around so I dont get so stiff. I have major stiffness in my left side where the chest tube was. also a bit more pain in right illiac crest region where bone graft was taken. I just try gently stretching and to keep moving. I have not been able to walk much as far as walking for exercise - when i had someone here during the day with me it was raining....now that the weather is a bit better, i am alone during the day so I have to fend for myself and don't want to go out doors alone in case I should fall. my sister-in-law arrives friday so I plan on walking 3 times a day as prescribed. :)

As for pain meds, I am currently taking 15 mg Morphine Sulfer (MS CONTIN 15mg) every 8 hours. In addition I take 2 to 4 mg Hydromoprohone (DILAUDID 2mg) I more often than not take 2 mg dilaudid but sometimes if I have over done it I take the 4 mg which is the dose I came home from the hospital on. They said if I can cut down the dose, great. If not not to get too concerned about it. I have surgery in 2 weeks so we'll just go from there.

LynnMarie74
04-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Looks GREAT!!!! Im so happy for you!! Even after seeing Xrays like that and my own, they are still pretty creepy, arent they?! lol I seriously need to try to figure out how to get mine up there! Ive had them for awhile! lol

debbei
04-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Congratulations on your good results! The pics are amazing.

Now that we know what your back looks like, we'd love to see one of your face :)

debbei
04-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Looks GREAT!!!! Im so happy for you!! Even after seeing Xrays like that and my own, they are still pretty creepy, arent they?! lol I seriously need to try to figure out how to get mine up there! Ive had them for awhile! lol

I sometimes refer to myself as 'Franken-Mommy'. LOL...yes the xrays are pretty creepy, but you get used to it!

CHRIS WBS
04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Very impressive, Julie ;)

May I ask why you require a second surgery?

lray
04-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Wow Julie! What a miraculous difference. You must be so thrilled. And you have given me such great hope since we are almost the same age, I'm 49, and I have a thoracic curve around 55 degrees. Congratulations on your "new" back and I hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

Laurie

loves to skate
04-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Just have to throw in my "wow" "awesome" "amazing" comments. You are very fortunate. I hope your recovery goes well.
Sally

Singer
04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow, he really straightened you out.

JenniferG
04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks Julie! You sure seem to be doing well! Hope the UTI is well and truly gone by the time of your second surgery and you can rest and catch up on sleep. All the best Julie.

doodie
04-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Here ya go Debbe - I had to cajole my sister to get her to pose with me. I'm the one on the left, taken 1 1/2 post surgery at home!

Julie & Laurie 3-29-2009 (http://www.box.net/shared/573qlebous)

Jimbo
04-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Wow, that looks cool!

debbei
04-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Here ya go Debbe - I had to cajole my sister to get her to pose with me. I'm the one on the left, taken 1 1/2 post surgery at home!

Julie & Laurie 3-29-2009 (http://www.box.net/shared/573qlebous)

Look how straight and tall and happy you look!!! Keep up the good recovery! Thanks for the pic. :)

52skeedoo
04-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Wow ! Congratulations. What a difference. Thanks for posting the pictures. It is really helpful for somelike me who is pre-surgery.

To my uneducated eye, it looks like you are done. Why do you need a second surgery?

Sheri/52skeedoo