PDA

View Full Version : Golf after surgery

LisaB
03-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Has anyone played golf after surgery? How long did you have to wait? Can you turn ok?

LisaB

txmarinemom
04-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Has anyone played golf after surgery? How long did you have to wait? Can you turn ok?

Yes, I've played post-op. The pivot comes from weight transfer and your hips leading the way. Proper form shouldn't involve turning.

I was released to the driving range before 4 months out, and actually playing at 7 months.

Regards,
Pam

HGD24
04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I haven't hit a course yet, but have hit some of the wiffle golf balls around the yard and it actually felt great! I think surgery may have improved my swing ;)

txmarinemom
04-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I just posted this in another thread ... same topic (http://scoliosis.org/forum/showpost.php?p=74296&postcount=13) ...

Pam

Qikdraw
04-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Well back when I played golf I didn't have many problems. I sort of hit the ball a little weird though. If I wanted to hit a ball straight down the fairway, I aimed off to the left a bit. If I aimed straight the ball would go straight off, but to the right. lol

I don't know if that was because of my fusion or not, but I wasn't a bad golfer. I spent the least per shot on average. (meaning for my $20 I got the most swings) :D