PDA

View Full Version : exercise inside or outside?

titaniumed
03-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Over the past months I have seen many people inquiring about using tredmills indoors. My surgeon wanted us exercising outside for a reason. One of the reasons I mentioned involved the possibility of Radon in the home. Sharon pointed out that radon can kill you which is true. I know there are other reasons for not exercising inside and was wondering if I could put some people to work. LOL

This is an important topic, thats why I started a new thread.
Ed

Qikdraw
03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Good topic.

I haven't done any working out until just recently. I got a gym membership and I am now using their lap pool to walk back and forth in. I can't just walk outside because its gets too painful too quickly. But the pool works really nice.

So for now I have to work out indoors.

LynnMarie74
03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Huh? Okay guys...you just confused me and scared me all at once. What does Radon & using a treadmill in your home have to do w/anything? Educate me boys! :)

Susie*Bee
03-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I think he's mostly talking about how fresh air is really good for you. But it depends on the windchill factor and the slippery ice conditions too, if you live in a cold clime... That was the reason I bought a treadmill. There is no way I could walk outside during part of the year here. I like walking outside when I can, but it's not always a possibility. Even in the summertime I may have to opt for the treadmill on occasion if it's storming or the mosquito hatch is really bad. :eek:

CHRIS WBS
03-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Now that the weather has finally improved here in the midwest, I'm back to walking outdoors. I do not like the treadmill. But one has to use common sense about walking outdoors especially if you're early in your recovery. I would not even attempt to walk outdoors this past winter with wind chills of -40 and pavement covered in ice and snow.