PDA

View Full Version : nyc surgeons

ApplePie
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
after reading many of the postings, it is amazing to see how many successful anterior/posterior scoliosis operations dr. boachie has performed. it is equally upsetting however to know that my mother cannot get an evaluation/procedure performed by him due to lack of her insurance coverage. to think that if her back had only worsened 1 yr prior (with her old insurance), the search for a surgeon would not be so difficult.

dr. errico from nyu hjd has evaluated her and interested in performing the operation, but i would like other opinions from docs in the new york area. also, if anyone has any recommendations or experience with errico, we would love to hear.

thanks

Singer
03-17-2009, 07:25 AM
I feel badly about the situation with Dr. B.

Have you looked into Dr. Neuwirth at Beth Israel? I believe several people here had good results with him.

Karen Ocker
03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I heard of great results with Dr. Byron Lonner.

Jacque's Mom
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
About 10 or 12 years ago a women from my town had revision surgery by Dr. Errico (her original surgery was by Dr. Keim) and she did great. It was quite a lengthly surgery and recovery but was extremely successful. Unfortunately she doesn't live in the area anymore so I do not have any contact information. She was very pleased with the outcome. Good luck.

debbei
03-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I feel badly about the situation with Dr. B.

Have you looked into Dr. Neuwirth at Beth Israel? I believe several people here had good results with him.

Apple Pie,

Dr. Neuwirth performed my surgery and I am very happy with the results. I've also been very happy with the help I've received from his office staff when needed. They are very accomodating.