tv walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv walking

Does anyone know if some of the walking tapes that you can see on TV or if you have your own walking tapes, could be used in the beginning for recovery directly after the surgery. I am 3 weeks from surgery with Dr. Rand and I am supposed to walk but our streets are not so great for walking. Last week I walked a mile following one walking program. I am just curious if anyone else has tried this?
    avis
    1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
    2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
    2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Avis...I hear you on the walking thing. I tried walking(well pacing I guess would be a better word for it) inside my house...back & fourth...which got boring, real fast! I also knew I was not walking the mile a day my doc wanted. It wasnt that I didnt want to, I just wasnt going to go outside w/snow, wind & cold temps! 4 weeks out, I bought an inexpensive treadmill. I used a very slow setting and walking on that, in front of the TV. Ive been faithfully walking on it since then. I was told to "talk to your doc 1st as you could fall and hurt yourself" but my logic was if I was walking outside I could fall and hurt myself too! I just made sure to take it easy & stopped when I felt dizzy or uncomfortable. Give it a try-its better than outside right now! (actually today in Milwaukee, it's supposed to be inthe mid 60's!! I will def. be outside today w/Zack...my 4 yr old!) Have a great day Avis.....hope you've been feel good!!
    Lynn -30.... something
    DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
    At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
    At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
    Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
    UW Madison, WI Hospital
    **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

Hi Avis~
      I have "walk away the pounds" and tried it quite awhile back. I didn't get very far into it as it has some "side to side" etc. I am sure I could do it now. Hey- if it is working for you- why not?
      Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
      Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
      Age 54
      T10 to Sacrum
      Curve 65 degrees
      Very straight now!!!

Comment

Working...
      X