PDA

View Full Version : I am new surgery date is March 25, 09

smollick
03-16-2009, 09:06 PM
and I am scared out of my mind...:confused:

I am having L4 L5 fused w/ instrumentation...

I am 31 with 3 daughters aged 3-10

I will have lots of help at home though....

I am fighting a sore throat head cold as we speak hoping it passes soon as I would like some nice days of good health before the surgery!

Susie*Bee
03-17-2009, 05:26 AM
Hi Smollick-- and welcome to the forum. Yes, your surgery is coming up fast... I'm so glad to hear you have plenty of help. I had 3 daughters, 7 years apart too. Mine are grown up now. :) Hopefully your recovery time will be relatively fast-- I don't know if shorter fusions necessarily mean shorter recovery times though, but I imagine it does.

I will add your info to the thread of January, February, March surgeries. Best wishes, Susie

LynnMarie74
03-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Hi there Smollick - its ok to be freaked out....if you weren't, Id say something's wrong with ya! :) Your in the right place to vent, share concerns, ask questions, etc. We've all been thru it!

Did you mean L4 to T5? Or are you just have a 2 level fusion? If its L4 to T5 that is about what I have. Im L4 to T4 & at 8 weeks post op, Im feel GREAT! Honestly! I can do just about anything....just in a different way. Of course I have weight restrictions & I cant twist very much....but you really do get used to it and find other means to get things done. You will be OK. Ask any questions you need answers to and you will get many responces.....

Take care!!

jesscv
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I am also getting surgery on March 25. T2-L1. Getting so close!

Nancy Joy
03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi Smollick. I am glad you posted. It is right around the corner. I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best!

Louisse
03-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Hi Smollick
just wanted to welcome you to the board - scared out of your mind, yeah..I remember feeling like that too! I think we all do so close to the date.
Hope you are feeling better today and its great to read that you will have lots of support and and help.
All the best
Louisse

debbei
03-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Welcome,

It's perfectly normal to be scared out of your wits. I think most of us were. Having lots of help is wonderful; be sure to take full advantage of it while you have it and get lots and lots of rest.

I had a bad cold a few weeks before my surgery and recovered in plenty of time. I think it happens to many of us.

Good luck and keep us posted.