View Full Version : Referral in Boston area needed

03-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi all,
I have a friend whose 12 YO granddaughter has scoliosis. The pediatric dr. did not order x-rays or make a referral. He said "well let's wait and see what happens in a year or so".
The parents are taking his advice, and have no knowledge of scoliosis.
So, I would like to give the grandmother a referral of a children's ortho. doctor who specializes in scoliosis. I had no luck working the web site of Children's Hospital. Could anyone help me out with one or more doctor's names?
The family lives just north of Boston.
Thanks so much,
feel free to email me at: Queserarachel@comcast.net

03-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Try to get an appointment with Dr. Emans there

concerned dad
03-10-2009, 11:22 AM
The Scoliosis Research Society has the names of physicians who are members.
Their website is www.srs.org

I did a search and found 15 SRS physicians in MA, most in the Boston area. I will try to post a link to the search page but if that doesnt work, here is at least the contact info for the physician Bellasmom mentioned.

John B. Emans, MD
Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-5724
Phone: (617) 355-7132
Web site: www.orthodoc.aaos.org/johnemansmd
Adolescent, Juvenile/Infantile

and HERE (http://www.srs.org/find/index.php)is a link to the web search portal.

03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I've heard excellent things about both Dr. Emans and Dr. Hresko at Boston Children's.

03-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for being here and for your input. I've passed along the dr.'s names to my friend.

All my best wishes,