Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years post op

Hi Everyone,

I'm nearly two years post op and have been feeling really good until 5 weeks ago it feels like i've pulled muscles all over my upper back. I am fused from T3 - L3. I called my surgeon thinking i've done something really wrong but he doesn't seem too worried im seeing him in about a 2 months for my check up. It remember turning over in bed and i felt this pulling pain then i turned the other side and the same thing happened

I went to see an Osteo and she said my back is really tight and i have a few knots too. Especially when she is massaging my back i hear heaps of crunching noises in my muscles....

Can anyone tell me if they experience or know anything about what is happening to me, also is it normal to get pains 2 years on....

Thanks guys!!

Crunching noises, ouch. I don't think muscles make crunch noises, sounds like it may be bone, or joints popping. Did you feel any relief after the massage?

Are you exercising and keeping those muscles working and joints lubricated?

Awesome that your appointment is only two months away though.
    45L/40T
    Surgery 25/1/2010
    Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Hi,

Is the pain on the spine, shoulder blad area, or the area between the shoulder blade and spine? I know that I get terrible knots in the area between the spine and shoulder blade that make funny noises when my PT massages them. When it gets too tight, I take a muscle relaxant which really helps.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Yes the pains are on both sides of my shoulder blades and spine... When i go to the Osteo she can't believe how tight my muscles are. I have to admit i have been lacking in exercising lately. But im starting pilates next week so im hoping that will help too....

It's been 5 weeks but i suppose it takes time too heal!!!!

Thanks

Comment

It seems like exercise is the BEST thing you can do after surgery, before surgery too. Did your surgeon recommend certain exercises post op? I bet swimming would be the best and pilates really is good. Just wish it wasn't so girly
          Need a pilates for men, something with an abrasive name, mmm.
          45L/40T
          Surgery 25/1/2010
          Australia

Knowthyself

Scoliosis Corrected 25/1/2010 by Dr Angus Gray, Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Sydney. Fused T3-L4.

Comment

Working...
          X