Symptoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symptoms

I am 23 years old and was just told that I have 3 mild curves (biggest is 10 degrees). I am in severe constant pain and am having trouble understanding why I never had any pain until about 6 months ago (all of a sudden, no explanation). Has this happened to anyone out there?

Also, I am experiencing several symptoms that I am not sure if they are directly related to the curves. If anyone has any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. Symptoms include: severe back, neck, hip, knee and leg pain; trouble walking/breathing; trouble sleeping; swollen inflammed back; tingling, numbness, burning everywhere from my neck to my feet; stabbing pain from my neck to my feet (and in the back of my head).

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Hi Candy...

You should see a neurologist soon. A 10 degree curve should not cause even mild pain, and definitely none of your other symptoms.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Linda,

I'm still waiting for a referral, but thanks for your response.

Comment

I Know what you mean

I fully understand where you are coming from mine is the same symptoms. I have had scoliosis since jr. high but was in a wreck 8 months ago and it got worse since. Now i wake up at least 3 or 4 times a night. My husband doesn't believe me that it hurts that bad. I am currently trying to get a doctor to do something, anything at this point would help. Any time you want to talk
        yahoo messenger me at ladyrebel200020 or email is ladyrebel200020@yahoo.com
        Patricia Seals

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine
          Hi Candy...

You should see a neurologist soon. A 10 degree curve should not cause even mild pain, and definitely none of your other symptoms.

Good luck!

Regards,
          Linda
          hi.in some cases a 10 degree curve might not cause any symptoms,but my curve is 28 degrees and i was told the same thing by people. i was told by a scoliosis dr that no matter how small the curve when your spine is not straight it pulls the muscles and ligaments,therefore causing pain.and if the muscles are being pulled it can cause other muscles to start hurting also and if they are near your head you can have the neuro symptoms.it also depends what your pain tolerance is.and when the muscles tighten up they can squeeze nerves and blood vessles,causing numbness and tingling,and if the muscles are tight around you ribs,then it can feel like you cant breath good.so yes you can have severe pain with only a 10 degree curve. have a blessed day.
          Last edited by tammy27530; 09-21-2004, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X