PDA

View Full Version : 6 week post op apt today!

LynnMarie74
03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Okay! I like Debbe had an apt today...6 week mark. Im actually 7 wks & one day...but who's keepin track!? :) hehehehe. It went well to my suprise...well, you know, the doubt we all have at this point. My correction w/the new xrays look GREAT! The Thorasic was near perfect & the Lumbar was at about 15*!!!!! I was soooo happy I actaully think I mutter out a "I love you!" lol I asked the 10000 questions I had and as always he took him time w/me. No PT....yet he said. I go back in 6 weeks & if Im not where "i should be" then, he said we would discuss. Just walk, walk, walk was the words he used. I checked on the treadmill, which he approved of, which is good seeing as Ive been using it for 2 weeks now! lol AND----this is the coolest part...my leg is less than 1/4 of an inch longer, so not as bad as it felt AND I DONT need to use my heal lift anymore. He says it will not do me any harm to go w/o...unless I really wanted to use it. I was like ahhhhh, no. Its really not my style, so I tossed it when I got home!! :) GOOD RIDENCE!!! AS far as height that I gained....he said I was 5 5 and 1/4 pre op but forgot to measure me before I left, but said I had to have picked up at least an inch to an ich & 1/2. Im gunna check for myself after this post!! I got the "ok" to twist slightly but not to over do it & to try things on my own until I feel resistance. Prety much what I've been doing this whole time anyway. And lastly....he will release me back to work after he see's me in 6 weeks. I was very upset about this! LOL Riiight! :)

Thats about it. It was a great day today & the weather here is beautiful! 61* right now! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care everyone!! :D

debbei
03-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Great news Lynn!! I've been looking for your update. Did you take pics of your new xrays?

Susie*Bee
03-05-2009, 05:39 PM
What a super report, LynnMarie! Yay! :D

nervous
03-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Fantastic news!! So good to hear! Congrats!!

So, you will have been off work for 12 weeks, by the time you are able to return? I'm trying to get an idea on how long I could be off. I don't lift anything at work, etc....

LynnMarie74
03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Debbe-I didnt take pics only cuz Dr Tribus said they can copy them all onto a CD. They will be sending it to me via snail mail soon! Then I have to try to figure out how to post the darn things! Glad your apt went well too!! We are lucky ladies, thats for sure!!!!

SusieBee- thanks for the good wishes-much appreciated! Seems like just yesterday I was pre op and scared out of my witts!

Nervous- Yes...Ive been out of work for 7 weeks now and honestly....if I really needed to, I think I would be fully capable of returning to work as my postion has no physical demands. I sit at a desk & tell people what to do..oh & type all day. Fun! lol HOWEVER....my comp will pay me full pay for 12 weeks, so youre darn tootin' Im taking full advantage! :)P

asccbodypro
03-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Lynn,

So happy to hear that all went well! Yaaaaaa for you! I bet you left the office with a little spring in your step lol....take care and continue on the road of recovery:o)

Doodles
03-05-2009, 09:21 PM
That's wonderful. Great check-up! You and Debbi with good ones on the same day. Terrific. I hope to be where you are soon. Janet

Louisse
03-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Hi Lynn
thanks for posting - great news!
Hope your recovery continues like this.
Many best wishes to you.
Look forward to seeing the piccies soon!
Louisse

pmsmom
03-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Congratulations on the great report, Lynn! :D

kaizan
03-06-2009, 07:59 AM
HI Lynn, i can only hope my report at 6 weeks is as good as yours :)
I say enjoy your time off work if your lucky enuff to get paid for it.

fierceliketiger
03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Good news Lynn!!! *hugs* I am so happy for you!

LynnMarie74
03-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks a bunch! :) Im so glad Im doing so well...but I know I can still have some ups & downs, so Im trying not to jinx myself!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

loves to skate
03-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Congrats Lynn, I am very happy for you and especially since some of your fears have been put to rest.
Sally

albsmom
03-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks so much for posting. I am so encouraged to hear your positive attitude and outcome. As I am someone who will probably have "the surgery" in the future, I am so appreciative of those who take the time to post their surgical experiences on this website. Best wishes as you continue to recover.

discombobulated
03-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Lynn, I know I'm a bit late, but congrats on the brilliant news! I'm so happy for you that you got great correction & it's stable. How great you're already feeling like you're making speedy progress!

Take care. :)