PDA

View Full Version : Good Almost 5-month checkup today!

debbei
03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I must admit, I have been nervous. I had this kookie idea in my head that maybe I was shrinking again or something. I know I had no reason to think so, but you know me and my mind. I couldn't even sleep last night; got 4 hours of sleep.

At my last checkup (the first post-op xrays), he said I measured 35 and 30. This time, he measured and checked twice, and it measured to 34 and 22. I told him I like these measurements so much better!! :) Dr. Neuwirth said he just wants to make sure I'm not upset next time if we go in they measure back to 35 & 30. LOL I know there is room for error in the measurements, right?

Anyway, he said he's seeing good fusion in the xrays, and I can do anything I want, except for skiing (yet). No problem, I never skied before and I don't intend to start now. (Sorry Ed, just not my thing! :) ) He asked me to bend forward as far as I could, then bend backwards---YIKES I never did that before. He wrote a RX for me to continue PT for 12 more weeks, which I just love. I go back in 4 months.

PHEW. Now I can go take a nap. The lack of sleep caught up with me.

debbei
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Whoohooo!!!!

Singer
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
That's great, Debbe!

Susie*Bee
03-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Debbe-- that's super news! I'm so excited for you! And it's hard to believe that 5 months have gone by!!!

titaniumed
03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Debbe

That's good news. You know, I grew 4 inches after surgery. Its a good thing because at Sierra at Tahoe ski area, they received 58 inches in 24 hours on Wednesday.

That puts my nose just above the snow level.

The Docs are worried about cracking fusions. That's why they say no skiing. I have permission for the bunny hill, and I haven't gone yet due to my lack of enthusiasm. Its like getting permission to play in the sandbox, and I failed sandbox in kindergarten. LOL

Ed

Pooka1
03-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Debbe, it sounds like you had a great check-up!

I can't say I've heard anyone say they enjoyed PT... you are the first. :)

Not that I've spoken with many people about it though. :eek:

mariaf
03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Great news, Debbe!! I couldn't be happier for you!!

txmarinemom
03-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Wow ... I can't believe it's been almost 5 months. Congrats on the good news!

debbei
03-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Debbe, it sounds like you had a great check-up!

I can't say I've heard anyone say they enjoyed PT... you are the first. :)

Not that I've spoken with many people about it though. :eek:

Yep, I'm a nut job. I like to be challenged--that is, until I overdo it one day and then pay for a week (or longer.) I don't have a job right now, so it gets me out of the house 2 mornings per week.

Seriously though, this PT is so wonderful. She pays attention to me, head to toe, not just my back. The last place I went for PT before surgery--those people were dopes. They said they wouldn't know what to do with me after surgery with such a long fusion. I found a new place fast. This new lady was recommended by a friend who told me that she works with patients who have no arms and legs. I figured if she can work with them, she'll know what to do with me. I was right. She's had lots of others with long fusions and is very creative on giving me exercises.

Moral of the story: just like you don't always go with the first doctor; don't always go with the first PT!

Doodles
03-05-2009, 09:12 PM
That is wonderful! Congrats on such a great check-up!

Louisse
03-06-2009, 04:21 AM
Hi Debbe
this is great news - so glad to hear all went well with your recent check up - and great measurements too!
Keep up the good work in PT sounds like its doing real good!
Louissex

pmsmom
03-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Congratulations, Debbe! That's great news! Hope you enjoyed your nap. :)

loves to skate
03-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi Debbei,
I'm so happy for you with such a good report from your Doctor. It will just keep getting better and better.
Sally

LynnMarie74
03-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Congrats Debbe!! :D Im so happy for you!! You and I are headed down the right path!! I would do this all over again if given the choice. Now, about a month ago, those words would NEVR had come out of my mouth...lol...but now its all worth it! Sooo glad your doing so good!! Take care & chat w/u soon!!!

happy Friday!

debbei
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
thanks everyone,

I'm still smiling because of my appointment. As I said, I love going to PT, and the therapist who works with me is wonderful. Today we discussed that once summer is here, she will come to my house and show me exercises that I can do in my pool with noodles and Lord knows what else. I offered to pay her and she refused! I owe this woman a serious batch of homemade cookies once my PT ends.

discombobulated
03-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Debbe, I know I'm a bit late to your news, but just wanted to say congrats! Isn't it such a relief to hear that everything looks good in your back?! :D I'm so happy for you.

It's fabulous that you're enjoying your PT, & importantly, that she is competent!

Take care (& quit overdoing things! ;)). Best wishes.

Nancy Joy
03-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Lynn- "I would do this all over again if given the choice." I wasn't sure we would ever hear this from you. So glad all is going better and Debbie- I am thrilled for you also.