Post op on Thursday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post op on Thursday!

Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I posted...or at least it feels like awhile. Im sorta nervous about my post op on Thursday. Im paranoid that something isnt right. Im sure this is normal too..lol! For those who dont have a post op brace....its SO hard not to twist your torso, right? I mean..in my mind, if I accidently twist & realize it after the fact & I know it didnt hurt and/or strain anything, it cant be bad, right? Ughh! I guess I will find out! :P

So here is a weird one for you: Last nite, as Im laying in bed..watching a movie w/my husband, I feel a lump move around in my upper belly. I jumped...and said "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" I couldnt explane the movement to him other than it felt like a baby moving! Im not pregnant of course! And if I was, Id have to be pretty far along to feel what I felt AND it would have to have been thru an xray or 10 that everyone missed! lol (growing babies in the womb have bones that you would be able to see on an XRAY I will have to assume! lol) So, I was obsessed w/this for the next 30 mins or so & felt it again in my lower stomach! Has anyone ever felt anything like this before? Someone tell me Im not crazy please. Okay, well maybe I am, just a little...but not about this!
    Lynn -30.... something
    DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
    At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
    At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
    Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
    UW Madison, WI Hospital
    **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Hi Lynn,

Good luck with your appointment on Thursday. I have one on Thursday too, and I, like you, am a little bit nervous. I just hope that everything is healing according to plan....for both of us.

As for your 'Traveling Lump', um.....could it be gas?

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

LOL! Believe me...Ive felt that before and no...this was sumthin' else! Maybe an alien baby that Im about to give birth to?!LOL Debbe, it was SO odd....then I started thinking...maybe this has something to do w/my stomach being pushed out alittle & me not being about to suck in my stomach. Muscle damage, swelling...I dont know.....just very strange. The mystery lives on......
      Lynn -30.... something
      UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

funny feelings!

Lynn....maybe swelling is oging down adn things are settling back to where they belong Can't wait to hear how your post-op visit goes. Fill us in as soon as you get home. Hope you don't have anymore funny feelings before than....take care

Susan
        Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
        50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
        Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
        X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
        Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
        Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
        Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Susan! I just hope its nothing serious! I will when I get back to let you all know how it went. Its early in the AM which I must have agreed to while heavily medicated 2 days post op. Im not a morning person, especially when my drive there is at least a 1 1/2 hrs away thru a heavy traffic area. Im sure my friends who are taking me appreciate this! Its her 35th bday that day too....so I decided to treat her to lunch afterward!

Speaking of post op- what is all involved. Im sure he told me but all be darned if I can remember! Im assuming more xrays, MRI if there are any concerns? What was everyone elses experiances?
          Lynn -30.... something
          UW Madison, WI Hospital

Comment

Best of luck, Lynn & Debbe!!

As I think couldn't have escaped a newborn kitten with no visual or reading abilities - I was SO. INCREDIBLY. NERVOUS about my post-op appointment & the run-up to it...lol. I'm usually nothing like that with post-ops lol All I can tell you is that I Knew - without any of the crazy to-ing & fro-ing or the doubting this time around - after my first lumbar/pelvic fusion that something was really wrong (because, it was). If you're not in any new pain, if nothing in the instrumentation feels distinctly & consistently like it's moving around, if you're feeling like you're on the path of recovery....then all chances are you'll get some very good news (Though, I completely understand the worrying until you get the news! And to a lesser extent, even after it)

Lynn, I've got no idea what to say about the odd stomach sensation...sounds....interesting... lol I suppose if it's a repeat event, bring it up with a doc, but *ahem*...I'd try to avoid using phrases like, "Maybe there's an alien baby that I'm about to give birth to" - more harm than good & all that jazz

Anyhow, re. the post-op appt procedure - it's pretty standard to have a set of x-rays taken, then head in for the appointment. Probably something you already know, but if you have any specific questions or problems, you might find it useful to write them down & take with you - lest you forget to ask a heap of stuff like I did (though, I'm sure your brains are a lot less mushy than mine...which I'm fairly sure have oozed out long ago & become stuck under some weirdo's shoe...)

Take care. And goodluck again to you both for Thursday (though I doubt either of you will need it )

Comment

Working...
            X