PDA

View Full Version : *Gulp* I just got the confirmation call....



Beckymk
02-23-2009, 02:47 PM
for our pre-op appointment on Friday. YIKES.

I don't think I'm ready for this...I STILL think it is totally bizarre to have the pre-op stuff done so early.

It freaks me out since they want to make sure you aren't sick BUT then there is something like what 2 weeks between Friday and her surgery on March 9. I can't guarantee she won't have a fever in those 2 weeks or catch a cold!

I know we are trying desperately to keep away from any germies but I will be extremely paranoid between now & then.

Susie*Bee
02-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Becky-- I think most surgeons do the pre-op about 2-3 weeks ahead of time. I totally understand your paranoia about the "germies"-- I was so scared just ahead of my surgery-- I work in an elementary school and had kids coughing in my face, vomiting in my room, etc. I was so nervous something would happen so that my surgery date would end up being set back, but it didn't. Just take it one day at time, encourage hand washing and all that, and know that if something does happen, it won't be the end of the world. They will just reschedule. (But hopefully that WON'T happen!) Hang in there!

Rosebud9
02-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi I'm not getting surgery just a brace. But I'm sure every thing will be OK.

pmsmom
02-24-2009, 07:52 AM
for our pre-op appointment on Friday. YIKES.

I don't think I'm ready for this...I STILL think it is totally bizarre to have the pre-op stuff done so early.

It freaks me out since they want to make sure you aren't sick BUT then there is something like what 2 weeks between Friday and her surgery on March 9. I can't guarantee she won't have a fever in those 2 weeks or catch a cold!

I know we are trying desperately to keep away from any germies but I will be extremely paranoid between now & then.

I think it's great that they are being so careful.

To be honest, we will be limiting our activities 2 weeks prior to surgery to make sure dd doesn't come into contact with "germies."

Btw, we got our call yesterday--June 1 is Paula's tentative surgery date. They say we are on the books but since that's a bit far out, they want to make sure the surgeon isn't going to be on vacation. That would be great, wouldn't it? ;)

The scheduling office first suggested April 9. :eek:

I asked if we could wait til after she finishes school and they were agreeable.

Marian