April, May, June 2009 surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April, May, June 2009 surgeries

Here we go with the next bunch again. Of course, the official way to post your surgeries are on the surgery calendar, but there are many of us who like to see them lumped together this way. People can just tag on posts with their dates or send me a PM. I'll be sure to check this thread for new info, but it's a little harder for me to check through ALL the threads to see if someone mentions an upcoming surgery. Anyone can PM me a "heads up" to add someone else's surgery to the first post. Also, we can include whatever info you want about it: levels to be fused; anterior, posterior, or both; doctor, hospital, etc.

If you need help using the official surgery calendar, I explained it in this post: If you still have questions, send me a PM. http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...1548#post71548

APRIL
    2nd - SherryM's son, John (15) - T4-T12 with thoracoplasty @ Gillette's Children Hospital in St. Paul, MN
    6th - Becky331 - spinal fusion
    6th - TerryB - revision w/ Dr. Lagrone in Amarillo, TX
    14th - EdieG - w/ Dr. Boachie-Adjei @ HSS, NYC
    15th - asccbodypro (Susan) - A/P T3-L5 fusion w/Dr. Bryan Fox: Portsmouth Naval Hospital, Portsmouth, Virginia
    15th - emwonderfull (Em) - T2-L2 in Tulsa, OK
    27th - Cimbom - T12-L4
    28th - always smilin' - A/P revision
    28th - Jo 71-09 - T9? - S1 w/ Dr. Frank Rand @ New England Baptist, Boston

MAY
    11th - swilson (Simone) - w/ Dr Lloyd Hey, Raleigh NC
    11th - higostudy (Maria) - revision w/ Dr. Khaled Kebaish @ Johns Hopkins
    12th - Fit Kit (Kathy) - spinal fusion w/ Dr. Bridwell @ Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis
    12th - Ben (son of bensmommy) - will be having a hemi-vert excision (T-10) w/ Dr. Vanderhave, Ann Arbor, MI. Ben will be 23 months old.
    18th - scurve4947 (Allison) - spinal fusion w/ Dr. Matthew Geck, Austin, TX
    22nd - kaizan (Rhonda) - spinal fusion w/ Dr. Peter Turner @ Epworth Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
    25th - crystalalice88 - spinal fusion
    28th - momw/scoli's daughter, Emily (14) - T2-T11 posterior fusion @ Cook Children's in Fort Worth, Texas.

JUNE
    1st- sarah105 - ~T2 to L2 w/ Dr. Grauer at Yale New Haven Hospital.
    4th - dolores a - 1st of 2 surgeries-- Anterior (L3-S1)
    8th - dolores a - 2nd of 2 surgeries -- Posterior (T4-pelvis)
    25th - curvycakes - T1-T5 w/ Dr. Ward in Pittsburgh, PA
    29th - shortlilnikki - T2 to S1 w/ Dr. DeWald @ Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
    30th - 52skeedoo - posterior T5-L4

Please let me know of ones I've missed listing. Thanks!
    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 05-29-2009, 05:41 PM.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Hi
    I haven't posted on here very much but I read everyones posts all the time and it has been really helpful in making my decision about surgery. I am 20 years old and my curves are a 42 thorasic and 54 thoracolumbar. I just met with my surgeon again on Tuesday and I am scheduled to have surgery on June 1st with Dr. Grauer at Yale New Haven Hospital. I am a little nervous but not too bad yet. I'm sure that will change as the date gets closer though!
    Sarah
    22 year old grad student
    Boston brace from 12-14
    surgery on June 1, 2009 T3 to L2
    Yale New Haven Hospital Dr. Grauer
    Thoracic curve 47*
    Thoracolumbar curve 54*

Surgery Photos
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=a2a5799140

Comment

Sarah-- good for you for getting your surgery scheduled and all. Yes, I'm sure it still seems far enough off that you're not super nervous yet. And maybe you won't get too nervous. You are young, so that is really a great advantage.

Do you know what your surgeon plans to do? Like how many vertebrae are being fused, etc.?

Corrected to 15°

Comment

I haven't had the bending x-rays yet so he can't give me anything definite yet but his estimate was about T2/3 to L2ish. He said he shouldn't have to fuse too low so I should maintain most of my flexibility/mobility once I recover.
        Sarah
        22 year old grad student
        Boston brace from 12-14
        surgery on June 1, 2009 T3 to L2
        Yale New Haven Hospital Dr. Grauer
        Thoracic curve 47*
        Thoracolumbar curve 54*

Surgery Photos
        http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=a2a5799140

Comment

any others?

Please let me know if you've run across others that need to be added to this... and also if you are listed here and know more info you want added, just post it on this thread or send me a PM-- I'll add it to the first post.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Well, more reality setting in when I saw this thread announcing the next round of surgeries. Could you add Paula's name (my 16 year old dd).

She will have a fusion from T2 to approximately T12.

Thanks!
            Marian

Comment

Originally posted by pmsmom View Post
              Well, more reality setting in when I saw this thread announcing the next round of surgeries. Could you add Paula's name (my 16 year old dd).

She will have a fusion from T2 to approximately T12.

Thanks!
              Marian
              PS--It will be a spinal fusion w/Dr. Lauerman at Georgetown University Hospital.

Comment

Marian-- I'd be glad to. Can you let me know the date? Thanks!

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
                  Marian-- I'd be glad to. Can you let me know the date? Thanks!
                  Guess I'm more out of it than I thought--her surgery is June 1 as well.

Thanks!
                  Marian

Comment

Just a thank you, Susie, for keeping up with the scheduling!

Mary Ellen

Comment

WNCmom-- It seems like a very little task... but thanks.

pmsmom-- got it done.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Surgery posting

My son, John is have surgery on April 2 at Gillette's Children Hospital in St. Paul Mn. We are going through Shriner's but his doctor does his surgeries at "his" hospital. John is 15, and scared Please pray for quick and complete healing. Thank you very much

Sherry

Comment

Added momw/scoli's daughter-- surgery on May 28th.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Em's surgery...

Just added emwonderfull's surgery to our list in the first post of this thread... Are there any other new ones that I might not have seen??? Please let me know. Or if there's additional info for any of these that are listed.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Exactly four weeks till mine tomorrow. Not like I'm counting down or anything Worried but sort of looking forward to it too. Just have a small and I guess irrational fear that I'll regret the surgery but not too nervous right now. Seems to be a bit up and down in that regard
                              Diagnosed at the age of 18 (2004)
                              46° curve
                              Surgery scheduled for April 27, 2009 - Anterior fusion from T12 - L3

Comment

Working...
                              X