Darn that hump!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn that hump!

In the past two, three months, I've been noticing how my clothes don't fit like they used to, certain shirts are now too snug around my arm pit area on the concave side, basically resulting in what feels like I stuffed myself into a shirt too small for me. (even big jackets are uncomfortable...)

It's as if my rib humb grew and is twisting my shirts toward the back, leaving less room in the front.

It's getting annoying. I'm not technically due to see my ortho till Oct. this year, but I may pull up that appointment. I can't help but have this nagging fear that my rib hump HAS gotten worse, and one of the reason for it increasing is that my paraspinal tumor has grown (yikes... no!). Thankfully I have a full spine MRI scheduled in three weeks so I'll know than wether the tumor grew. I'm hoping this is 'only' curve progression. My options are limited with the tumor, pretty much no one is willing to resect it until it turns (if, and hopefully, never) malignant into a rare difficult to treat beast.

...or the weird fitting it could be my shoulder. Been having pain and issues with the left shoulder so maybe I've gotten more aware of how my clothes sit on on my body. Reason(s) for the pain can't be found... or rather, I have too many potential causes that might be the culprit and sorting them out isn't easy.

Until than, time for me to go shopping for bigger tops
    30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
    2005 - T50, L31
    bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
    2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
    Post - op curve ~35

Good luck with the MRI. Hope it doesn't show anything too serious.

Ruth
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

thanks Ruth,

Everything is stable per the preliminary read by my neuro-oncologist, I'll get the radiologist's report today.
      30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
      2005 - T50, L31
      bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
      2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
      Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Working...
      X