PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Kaitlyn

alwayzsomethin'
02-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi all, we got to childrens this morning at 6am. Kaitlyn had bloodwork and urine sample. Poor thing got butterflies in her stomach, & emptied her bowels 3x. I told her better now, than later! Hopefully, she felt better. She was still very nervous and they gave her something to calm her . Thank goodness, it worked! To bad anesthes. didn't have any samples for mom & dad. The waiting for her to go in and her leaving was the hardest part! I couldn't even call my mom. The minute I started to think about it, I got very emotional. She went in at 8am, and they updated us 1hr ago. They were finishing the screws and putting in the rods. All is going well. It's a long wait, thats for sure.:( It's going on 6hrs now. I'm a little better now. It is definitly easier to write whats going on, then talking to someone personally. I did call my mom finally when I gained my composure. Its funny how you go through highs and lows with your emotions. Your really excited to get that update, but then you get a little nervous. I get tears of relief, that it's moving along. I know Kaitlyn is in great hands! The dr. was very confident this morning. Just wanted to post. to stay busy. I'll go back to waiting some more.......
Tracy

babachi
02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Yes, Tracy, the waiting is the absolute worst. Pretty quickly you'll be on the "other side". Make sure you get lots of rest when you can. Keep hydrated and EAT!
Thinking of you and Kaitlyn.
Bethany

Beckymk
02-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Hugs!

Let us know how things are now when you get the chance. I'm assuming at this point she is out of surgery and in PICU.

alwayzsomethin'
02-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks Bethany & Becky for the support. It has been the longest day of my life! Kaitlyn ended up going in at 8am, and we got to see her at 3:30pm. The crew did a great job of updating us every 1-2hrs. The actual surgery was about 6 hrs.(that was my guess going into this) I can't get over how strong she was! We made it to the room around 5:50, which took quite a while because there weren't any rooms available?! Can you believe it? Anyway, she is trying to rest, which isn't very easy. She does much better laying on her side. The poor thing also really wants to drink, but they don't want any food or water. (until her stomach wakes up) She did con the nurse into ice chips which helps. I think shes getting to feel more like herself, because she told the nurses she really wants to sleep now, and informed them she doesn't want to be woke up! Leave it to Kaitlyn to tell it like it is:D. I'm signing off, pretty tired. Thanks again! Tracy

pmsmom
02-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks Bethany & Becky for the support. It has been the longest day of my life! Kaitlyn ended up going in at 8am, and we got to see her at 3:30pm. The crew did a great job of updating us every 1-2hrs. The actual surgery was about 6 hrs.(that was my guess going into this) I can't get over how strong she was! We made it to the room around 5:50, which took quite a while because there weren't any rooms available?! Can you believe it? Anyway, she is trying to rest, which isn't very easy. She does much better laying on her side. The poor thing also really wants to drink, but they don't want any food or water. (until her stomach wakes up) She did con the nurse into ice chips which helps. I think shes getting to feel more like herself, because she told the nurses she really wants to sleep now, and informed them she doesn't want to be woke up! Leave it to Kaitlyn to tell it like it is:D. I'm signing off, pretty tired. Thanks again! Tracy

Hooray for you "being on the other side"! :D

I'm glad it went well for you all!

Keep us posted when you can!

Marian

Pooka1
02-12-2009, 07:14 AM
That's wonderful that she is done with surgery.

I hope the recovery is fast and smooth.

Snoopy
02-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Tracy,

Welcome to the other side! It sounds like things are going very well. I pray it stays that way.

Like Bethany told you, eat, sleep and stay hydrated!

You said Kaitlyn is most comfortable on her side--make sure you turn her to the other side once in a while. You don't want her getting a bed sore.

Keep us posted.

Mary Lou

smileyskl
02-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi! Tracy!! I am so glad everything went well for Kaitlyn. The waiting was the very hard for me also. I had all those emotions too plus severe stomach cramps just from nerves. I will tell you that here we on our third day post -op and she has still not had or wanted any food. She did get a popsicle yesterday which she really enjoyed. The first two days was just ice for her too. She didn't mind because she is not hungry and certainly doesn't want to throw up. She has stood once and walked a few steps. She had her surgical tube removed and today she is supposed to walk some more. They cut back on the pain med and even though she didn't cry but a couple of times the first couple of days she is crying now with the pain. She has also kept 101.9 fever which I am told is to be expected. I know this will pass but it is actually a little harder now than right at first (not to scare you but just prepare you) The good thing is she is excited her back is straight and that she seems taller. She is excited about maybe going home in a couple of days and I am scared to go home. I know I will make it through though.. Please give us another update when you get a chance. We are thinking about ya'll. Tell her that Katelyn in Mississippi is thinking about her too - and you will make it just like we are. Hugs!!

Sharon

alwayzsomethin'
02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Well we made it through the night. The nurses all say shes doing really well. I don't think shes doing too badly, but I don't have anything to compare her to. She ends up getting pretty sore in the same position, so she wants to be moved often. Which I guess is a good thing, although that makes the pain more severe for a bit. She mostly says it hurts on her lower back. The nurse said she is at a lower dose in her PCA so it can be increased a little. She does have a low grade fever(100*) also.

Hugs back to everyone for your support, its greatly accepted!:)

Sharon, great to hear Katelyn is up, and w/o the tube. Thats a plus. Kaitlyn sends her hugs back at her Mississippi Buddy!!
Tracy

WNCmom
02-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Sounds like it's all going well--thanks for the updates. Congratulations!

Mary Ellen

alwayzsomethin'
02-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone. We're towards the end of day one, and I'm just now feeling pretty good about "being on the other side." So far Kaitlyns labs are looking great, no blood needed, very mild temp 99-100, and she is actually pretty mobile. We haven't sat up yet, but shes rolling side to side. She had some 7up and a few nibbles of toast. She is trying very hard to get better because she is definatly ready to go home. Hopefully all will keep heading upward!

By the way, her back also looks great, so straight!!! Tracy

LynnMarie74
02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
So glad to hear all went well. I can only imagine being on the waiting side of it. My husband told it was not fun. Im so glad she is doing well and is being fiesty! Good for her! :)

alwayzsomethin'
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM
We made it through another night. She had some better bouts of sleep last night. She did end up getting a fever, so came the tylenol, blankets off, and cooler room. Shes doing better this am. She was anxiously awaiting to order bfast. She ate a couple bites of eggs, toast and banana. Today will be busy, PT is coming in, and she will get a sponge bath. She can't wait to get up! We constantly need to remind her "little baby steps at a time." She has tendencies to always rush everything! She doesn't understand "slow down & relax".

Lynn, hope all is going good for you. Your curves were about the same as Kaitlyns. And yes, yours and her side of the surgery is quite different from that of "the waiters". She doesn't remember anything, & couldn't believe the surgery was over already!

Take care everyone! Tracy

smileyskl
02-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey Tracy!

That is great that Kaitlyn is eating already. My Katelyn didn't have anything until Thursday (3 days post op) We were able to go home today (a day earlier than expected). She feels much better now that shes home and shes smiling and talking much more. Its getting better each day. I know I would not be doing nearly as good. I guess its because they are young. Hang in there and keep us posted. Hugs.:)
Sharon

alwayzsomethin'
02-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Wow Sharon, Katelyn's home already! Thats super! They told us expect to stay 1 week (Wed. to Wed.) Kaitlyn got a whopper of a belly ache late morning, and got pretty bloated, that kind of set her back. She was extremely agitated at that point. I knew I shouldn't have talked her up. I jinxed?(where's spell check, anyway) her!:eek: I should have known-its Friday the 13th! But she got a sponge bath around 3:30 and absolutely perked up from that! She enjoyed the pampering! Plus the moving around helped her belly.
PT didn't come today, probably cuz of her being so uncomfortable, but I bet the movements would have helped her sooner! She is laying more on her back this afternoon, and is still really doing most of the turning over by herself! I know the ups and downs are par for the course. She is still bound and determined to get out of the bed and go right home!:) Tracy

Snoopy
02-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Sharon and Tracy,

Do you know how far your daughters are fused?

Tracy,

Don't worry, you didn't jinx anything. ;) I think a lot of our kids have some sort of set back. Jamie had at least two, maybe three. When they removed her catheter, she drank and drank, but couldn't pee. Her stomach was huge! They ended up putting the catheter back in to drain her bladder. She was told she would be going home on day 5 and we ended up needing to stay until the next day because her bowels hadn't moved. It was disappointing to have to stay that extra day, but it was for the best.

Hang in there. All in all, you guys are doing great!

Mary Lou

pmsmom
02-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone. We're towards the end of day one, and I'm just now feeling pretty good about "being on the other side." So far Kaitlyns labs are looking great, no blood needed, very mild temp 99-100, and she is actually pretty mobile. We haven't sat up yet, but shes rolling side to side. She had some 7up and a few nibbles of toast. She is trying very hard to get better because she is definatly ready to go home. Hopefully all will keep heading upward!

By the way, her back also looks great, so straight!!! Tracy

Wonderful news, Tracy!

Tell her not to rush things!

Marian

smileyskl
02-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Mary Lou,

Katelyn is fused from T1 to T12 if I understood correctly. The doctor said he did not have to go down as far as he originally discussed. He is going to explain this more at follow up so I will know more then.. The x-ray from the operating room looked very good but I do have some concerns that what isn't fused will later curve. This is something I plan to discuss further with him at follow-up.

Tracy,

Katelyn is doing sooo well now that we are at home that it is almost scary. Like maybe somehthing has to go wrong because she's doing so good. I think it is maybe because the Lumbar area was not affected. I am choosing not to think about future problems but focus on the present blessing. :) Hope everthing continues to go well for ya'll. Keep us posted. These kids are such troopers. They are much more resilent than we sometimes give them credit for.

By the way did I mention I am sooooooooooooooo glad to be home and on the other side of this. To everyone waiting, hang in there and best of luck.:D:D

alwayzsomethin'
02-15-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm back, It's been pretty hectic. I keep logging on, start to post, & something comes up. We are on a big roller coaster. Kaitlyns main problem is bloating and loose bowels(can't remember how to spell diarrea?:confused: She gets very irritable! Sat night 2/14 was awful. She was up almost every hour. Today, is a better day. She got her epideral taken out this morning, thenthey brought her a portapotty. She got up & sat on it. PT then came so they walked her to the door & back. She was irritated, but did really good.
she did 90% of the work.

She was also taken off valium by IV, because of the severe drowsiness,grogginess. They put her on oral valium. It seems when she takes the pill, she ends up severly agitated. She gets EXTREMELY irritated. I've never seen her that upset. I am wondering if this is a side effect, if this is causing more anxiety rather than relieving the anxiety??? Anyone know??
I might post a separ. thread later if I get a chance. Right now to me, it seems that her only pain is from her belly bloating, causing pressure to her back. She isn't really sitting up a lot either, which I know is a big thing. We try to push it and she gets all worked up.

Marian, Kaitlyn was fused T-4 to L4. I can't remember if I Told you this earlier? I'm running on sleep deprivation.:eek: Tracy

Pooka1
02-15-2009, 08:47 PM
These are the hardest few days.

When did her bowels wake up? My understanding is that there will be no bloating or stomach upset if the bowels are awake before eating/drinking/ice chips/etc.

Good luck.

smileyskl
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I am sorry you all are having such a hard time. :( I will tell you that every day for us meant a huge improvement. I was so scared when we were getting ready to go home and then when we got home things improved alot. I think that alot of getting better is their will. When Katelyn decided to get up and walk and try to do things, the improvement began. I guess this is where its different for all kids. She had alot of painful bloating but no stomach upset. I would think that the stomach upset is probably really painful so she probably just needs time. I will be praying for you all and give her our get well wishes.:)

Sharon

HeatherM
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Sharon and Tracy,

I am so glad to hear that both surgeries went well! Tell the girls to hang in there and that it does get easier!

When I had mine, my stomach didn't wake up for 4 days! I felt super sick all of the time until then. Tell her to just wait it out and she will feel better!

babachi
02-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Tracy,
Thinking about you guys. It will get better.
Jesse didn't have those reactions with the valium. Though they lowered his dose of pain meds because of being groggy. The valium was mainly to treat agitation and muscle spasms. Perhaps they can give her something instead of valium?
Hang in there!
Bethany

Snoopy
02-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Sharon,

I'm always curious as to how far kids are fused. I sometimes think the length of fusion has something to do with how quickly they recover. I know every kid is different and recovers at their own pace, but the shorter the fusion, the shorter the time in surgery. I don't know if the two are related or not.

I'm glad your Katelyn is doing so well. Remember to keep her from overdoing it.

Tracy,

Your Kaitlyn has a long fusion. My daughter is fused T3-L2.

Have you asked the doctor to take Kaitlyn off Valium? She might feel a lot better if she is off it or switched to something else. Once Jamie was off IV pain meds, we had to try two different oral meds until we found one that controlled her pain. Once the pain is well controlled, the kids feel more like sitting up and walking. Moving around might even help with the bloating. Don't hesitate to speak up.

Remember to take care of yourself.

Mary Lou

Pooka1
02-16-2009, 07:31 AM
When I had mine, my stomach didn't wake up for 4 days! I felt super sick all of the time until then.

Did you eat or drink or have ice chips before your bowels woke up?

My kid had nothing, not even ice chips, until Day 3 and had zero bloating and zero stomach upset. Our surgeon was quite strict about it for a reason.

alwayzsomethin'
02-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Its Mon. & Kaitlyn is back on track. The valium definately was a big set back. She had 2 doses & I knew that it was making Kaitlyn worse. I told them she needed something to replace it. they put her on percocet. I has been working great! Her stomach did start to wake up, the problem is she wasn't mobile. She should have been up and walking the day before. But right now she said she loves the world. She feels much better. Her catheter is out, less fluids, less drugs, and she was up & walking around the halls. I definately feel much better also!!!!:):):):) Tracy

PS Thanks again for the well wishes, great advice, & encouragement.:D

smileyskl
02-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Tracy,

I am glad to here that things are better. :) Maybe you all will be home soon. If she is anything like my Katelyn, then just getting home will make a world of difference. Wishing you a restful night. :)

Sharon

alwayzsomethin'
02-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Sharon, thanks! I will. I can't get over you guys were home on fri. thats great! I have some of the jitters too, thinking about going home- I'm happy, but scared, cause we'll be on our own:eek: How are you managing?
I know Kaitlyn will be feeling even more better when she goes home, too! She told them she IS leaving on the 18th. (thats what our dr said, 7 days) I really hope so, or we are going to be in a world of trouble with her, because that is a goal that is set in her mind!

smileyskl
02-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Tracy,

She is doing great! It is not nearly as stressful as I thought it would be. She is practically off all the heavy pain meds so back to her "real" personality. The only unexpected problem is her upset about her oppisite shoulder assemetry. She is really dissapointed about it, but maybe it will get better in time. I guess we just didn't expect it. We are so thankful for the straight spine and the success of the surgery.:D Hope all continues to go well for you. Hugs!

Sharon

Snoopy
02-17-2009, 07:15 AM
Tracy,

I'm so glad you spoke up about the Valium. Now that Kaitlyn is moving around, you should start to see more improvement.

Sharon,

I'm sorry to hear about your Katelyn's shoulders.

Mary Lou

pmsmom
02-18-2009, 06:28 AM
I am choosing not to think about future problems but focus on the present blessing. :)

This is great advice! :)

I will try to remember to take one day at at time!

Marian

pmsmom
02-18-2009, 06:31 AM
I'm running on sleep deprivation.:eek: Tracy

Dear Tracy,

Post when you can--right now take care of you and your dd.

We love the updates, but don't worry about us right now.

Just know that we are here and thinking and praying for you all!

Marian

pmsmom
02-18-2009, 06:32 AM
I am sorry you all are having such a hard time. :( I will tell you that every day for us meant a huge improvement. I was so scared when we were getting ready to go home and then when we got home things improved alot. I think that alot of getting better is their will. When Katelyn decided to get up and walk and try to do things, the improvement began. I guess this is where its different for all kids. She had alot of painful bloating but no stomach upset. I would think that the stomach upset is probably really painful so she probably just needs time. I will be praying for you all and give her our get well wishes.:)

Sharon

Sharon, I'm glad to hear that your Katelyn is doing so well!

Marian

alwayzsomethin'
02-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Hi all! Kaitlyn did get to come home on Wed. 2/18. So much anticipation, and joy, yet butterflies for me. We had an hour drive, so it was a little rough for her on the way home. She kept yelling at her dad to "take it easy!" Her spirits did really lift, when we pulled in the drive. Kaitlyn visited with her brother when he got home from school for a while, then he was such a darling to go next door to his grandpas, so we could take a nap. We all slept for 3hrs!:) Kaitlyns been doing really well, feeling more like herself every day. I told Sharon in another thread, we cheered on her 1st real bm. With all those problems, this 1st was another hurdle she got over. She did about give me a stroke this morning, though. She was still in bed sleeping, while I was in the kitchen with my son getting him ready for school. With no warning, she comes strolling in the kitchen all by herself:eek: I haven't let her walk by herself yet, w/o someone being there just in case! This is what scares me about her. She is starting to feel better, and doing things hastily. As I have mentioned before, she is always rushing things. We are constantly reminding to slow down. I guess the positive is that she can move freely with no pain, but I can't help to think she is doing some damage, or that the bone won't fuse due to excessive movement.

Again, I can't thank you all enough for listening and supporting! I feel like you all are family!:):) Tracy

pmsmom
02-21-2009, 05:56 AM
Glad to hear she is home! I can understand how you must've felt when she came strolling into the kitchen! Yikes!

In a way, I guess we're kind of like family. I know that I've gotten more support here b/c you all have walked down that road. I don't think my friends and family understand the magnitude of this surgery--sometimes trying to educate them gets very frustrating. My mom (82) for example, God bless her and I love her, but her thing right now is where did this come from genetically (whose side of the family). I had to stop my conversation with her b/c that's all she was focused on. :(

Snoopy
02-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Tracy,

Welcome home! I hate to tell you this, but in some respects, the worst part of recovery has just begun! Once the kids get home, they start eating better, sleeping better and just generally feeling better and it is SO hard sometimes to keep them down. It might be a constant battle of reminding her to slow down, don't do that.....in other words, she is like a two y.o. You feel like you can't leave her alone for a minute without her doing something she shouldn't be doing. Then again, it is one of the best parts of recovery, because every day you are one day closer to having your normal life back. And trust me, it is a wonderful feeling to have normalcy in your life again.

Mary Lou

smileyskl
02-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Tracy,

I know exactly how you feel. My Katelyn seems to think everything has to be rush, rush. Eight days post-op (our third day home) I was in the back of the house and heard beautiful piano music. Katelyn just decided to get up and play the piano. This meant she had to pull out the bench (I am certain it weighs more than five pounds) not to mention the bending, and she was sitting there unsupported, playing as if she were at a recital or something. I don't really think that they "GET" the whole restriction thing. If they feel okay, then they want to do it. I am constantly reminding Katelyn what not to do.

Mary Lou's comment about its like having a two year old is right - actually, Katelyn keeps telling me "I am not a two year old":)

Marian,

I have some family members and friends who are obsessed with the genetic thing also. I guess some people, even with good intentions, just want someone to blame. Sometimes, there is no one to blame, it is just the hand you are dealt to play.:) I know the frustration of trying to explain it. I still don't think anyone but a few close family members, and people on this forum even understand why she had surgery. Everyone else is still trying to figure out what else to do, or trying to make it like all these doctors just want money. I hope that one day there will be a clear answer. I worry about my boys having to go through this one day. I can't imagine Sharon (Pooka) going through this twice almost back to back. She should be an expert on the subject.:)

Sharon

I find myself looking at everyones backs these days!!:D I never noticed backs before:D

LynnMarie74
02-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Tracy--- I know all about the bloating & diarrhea..ughh..it was horrible & continued into my recovery at home. I thought I had a stomach bug or something. I guess thats pretty normal from what I understand.

Im so happy to hear that she is doing better & feeling good enough to attempt things on her own. I agree w/you tho...she's got to take it easy. The last thing that she needs it to over do it and end up hurting herself. Its hard to tell kids her age that tho...I know...Ive got two boys who never listen! lol Im also pretty pig headed..always have been! Once I felt better I wanted to get out of the house and go anywhere...didnt matter...just somewhere so I could feel normal. That fantasy ended when I tried to get in the car! lol Oh well....it was my 1st attempt, that failed miserably! lol Children heal faster than we do,thank goodness & Im sure in no time she will be back to her old self again. I hope her post op check goes well too! Hopefully her lower curve will correct on its own!!

Best of luck!! :)
Lynn

alwayzsomethin'
03-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi all! It's been awhile since I've been on. Kaitlyn is doing well. Sometimes she still does too much, then she gets a little sore by evening. She was off all pain meds 2wks post op. She has had an occasional tylenol a couple of times. It's amazing how these kids bounce back. We just had our 4wk post op appt. yesterday, and all looks good! :) I'm glad we are on the other side of this! She starts back to school tomorrow with 1/2 days this week. She doesn't want to go back! This will be more of an issue for her than dealing with the restrictions!!:D She has gotton too used to the idea of being home. So this will be our next challenge:eek::p Tracy

Susie*Bee
03-11-2009, 06:54 AM
That's super news about how she's doing! Hooray! It goes nowhere but better with the physical recovery. :) And good luck with adjusting to going back to school. Once she's there, it should be ok, but probably tiring at first. I found that part (going back to school) hard too, even though I'm an adult WORKING at school. :rolleyes: Ha ha ha! It's that part where we get used to being at home and doing our own thing and then knowing you'll be back in a very controlling setting again... with (ulp!) work to do! :eek: Not to mention all the TLC she's been getting from you!

Yesterday and today we've had one hour delays due to the huge amounts of rain-- so that it will be light when the buses are out picking up the kids (rural area, very small towns, almost everyone rides the bus to school...) and with this darned DST, it's back to being pitch black out when the buses are picking up the kids. I don't know about you, but I sure liked it better when we stayed on EST the whole year through! Oh well! What part of Indiana are you from? Hope the big rains haven't hit too hard where you are... Take care!

babachi
03-11-2009, 06:59 PM
great news. The first week back to school Jesse came home and napped. He also brought a pillow to school for those uncomfortable desks.
Bethany

Snoopy
03-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Tracy,

Was the first day back just like sending Kaitlyn off to Kindergarten for you? :) It sounds like Kaitlyn is doing really well. Keep an eye on her so she doesn't overdo it and end up having a set back.

Mary Lou

alwayzsomethin'
03-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Boy, If I wanted to ride the roller coasters I would go to the amusement park. I'm not liking the one we've been on. Going through this whole process has been a LOT of up's & down's. I just posted a couple days ago, we had our 4 wk post-op, with no problems. Kaitlyn went to school Wed. for a couple hours, then that night she wouldn't go to sleep. She got very upset and scared. Next morning, she couldn't stand up straight, and was very weak. It turns out, she had another reaction to a medicine she has been on for years. This is her third reaction to a medicine since the surgery. I know it happens. I know of someone who took penicillin all their life, then one day took it again, & had an allergic reaction?! Although I wouldn't say Kaitlyn's reactions are allergic, it's that she has become very sensitive to drugs. It's just weird!:confused: I hope this is the end of the ride. I'm ready to get off!

Needless to say, she was in no shape to go back to school this week. She is doing much better again, now. But we still have to deal with the routine of getting back to school. Like I said before, that is a feat all in itself! Tracy

Beckymk
03-14-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry you had a setback. That has to be frustrating. Especially the meds part.

Snoopy
03-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Hang in there Tracy.

alwayzsomethin'
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks All!!!! Tracy:)

Jennybear
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
WOW what stories, and rollercoasters. Ive been on the kid side, and at 14 I was constantly being reminded of my limitations, and man o man was it frustrating. Reading all your posts has sent me for a trip down memory lane :) I myself had a bloating problem and my nurse said i looked like i was 6 months pregnant :mad: I hope ur girls continue to do well. I no that i didnt go back to school because it was the end of the year for me, i just had finals which i went back for. It's nice to hear that everyone is doing so good. I remember that i didnt have any set backs except the one, and pain was never a big problem. Good luck everyone, hugs :)