4 week's as of today........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 week's as of today........

Good morning my Scoli-friends! It was 4 weeks today, this same time, that I was patiently but nervously waiting in the "holding cell" in the hospital. I cant believe how fast time has gone by. I slept thru a whole night yesterday & felt great most of the day....even went for a car ride & survived this time! For most of the day, I felt great....however, I cant say that for today tho. I cant seem to find a comfortable spot in my bed. Its sooo annoying! Grrrrrr!! I would give my right arm for just a comfortable nights sleep, curled up in my bed, like I used too!! Siighhh....LOL...Well,my aunt is here now, so I think I will go back to bed now for a bit. Talk to you all soon-hope everyone is feeling good!
    Lynn -30.... something
    DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
    At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
    At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
    Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
    UW Madison, WI Hospital
    **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Originally posted by LynnMarie74 View Post
    Good morning my Scoli-friends! It was 4 weeks today, this same time, that I was patiently but nervously waiting in the "holding cell" in the hospital. I cant believe how fast time has gone by. I slept thru a whole night yesterday & felt great most of the day....even went for a car ride & survived this time! For most of the day, I felt great....however, I cant say that for today tho. I cant seem to find a comfortable spot in my bed. Its sooo annoying! Grrrrrr!! I would give my right arm for just a comfortable nights sleep, curled up in my bed, like I used too!! Siighhh....LOL...Well,my aunt is here now, so I think I will go back to bed now for a bit. Talk to you all soon-hope everyone is feeling good!
    Thanks for thinking of us, Lynn, and for checking in.

It's only uphill from here!

Take care of yourself!

Marian

Comment

I'm glad you're doing better Lynn. I don't think I noticed improvement day to day at all. It seemed that all of a sudden--wow--I'm doing so much better than a few weeks ago! Keep taking those naps because you need them and they make you heal. Sleeping wasn't comfortable for me for a while either. Only in the last month or so has sleeping on my side started to feel like it used to. Well......almost

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Lynn,

Hope you sleep better tonight.....I had a rotten night last night myself. Some nights I get such a burning sensation in my lumber spine and there is such a weakness there that I can't even roll over in bed with out a huge amount of effort and sometimes a tear or two. Good luck and I hope each day you keep feeling better and better.

Susan
        Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
        50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
        Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
        X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
        Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
        Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
        Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Thanks ladies!

Anyone got big Valentines Day plans? Im hoping to spend a little quiet time w/my hubby Saturday....maybe a nice dinner & a movie...who knows.....Hope everyone has a great day-take care...
          Lynn -30.... something
          DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
          At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
          At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
          Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
          UW Madison, WI Hospital
          **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

Working...
          X