Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best exercising tips:

What are your best exercising tips:
    I use to walk (with an weight belt on), hang from a bar, various floor exercises, stretching, etc. Key word "use to". I need to get motivated to start back exercising. Help me with your ideas and best exercising/etc. tips. Thanks,
    dd
    dd
    57 yr. old female
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No Surgery, No Way, Not Ever, but I reserve the right to change my mind
    2003: rotatory component centered at L1 convexed to the left with a measurement of 68 degrees. Gentle compensatory thoracic curve and a more acute compensatory curve in the lumbar spine at L4-5 Superimposed fairly extensive degenerative change seen in the lumbar spine.

Schedule it

I always do better with exercise if it is scheduled. I could walk everyday or go to the pool and swim laps, but I don't.

My family was very supportive--in fact pushing me out the door--when I started with water aerobics. I have been doing it for almost two years and now even the class harasses me if I miss it.

If you don't want a group activity, ask a friend to exercise with you. I would suggest picking a partner that doesn't live with you. Too often, you can talk each other out of going.

Good luck

p

Comment

Thanks - I believe scheduling would be a good start for me.

Yesterday I got an over-the-door bar from Walmart. My left hip has been bothering me for about 2 weeks now. I stretched on the bar last night and it was almost immediate relief.

Ok - stretching - check

Now what's next - what else should I add to my five minute exercise routine?

Thanks,
      dd
      dd
      57 yr. old female
      Pembroke Pines, FL
      2003: rotatory component centered at L1 convexed to the left with a measurement of 68 degrees. Gentle compensatory thoracic curve and a more acute compensatory curve in the lumbar spine at L4-5 Superimposed fairly extensive degenerative change seen in the lumbar spine.

Comment

I do pilates, yoga, walking, and weight conditioning. Pilates is wonderful! Good luck.

Comment

albsmom,
          I would really be intereted in your schedule for these. Do you mix them up, Pick a different one every day, etc. Thanks,
          dd
          dd
          57 yr. old female
          Pembroke Pines, FL

Comment

Hi dd-
            I try and do Pilates once a week and yoga once a week. I belong to a gym that offers these classes. I also walk on the treadmill or outside and do a weight training class - it's called Body Pump and you use a bar with weights and work all the major muscle groups, coordinated to music. It's great for strengthening and tightening everything - back, arms, abs, etc... I've found that (for me personally) I do best having a workout schedule and specific classes to go to.

I've heard of a special yoga class just for scoliosis. Do you know anything about this? I need to look at some of the posts when I have more time and see if this specific type of yoga is offered in my area.

Hope this helps!
            albsmom

Comment

Working...
            X