Back to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to work

Well, I went back to work Monday and made it through the whole week. Taking 1 pain pill a day now- usually around 4 or so. I do not like getting up at 6:00 but that is life and I don't dare take a nap after work or there would be no sleep at night! Ha! I am grateful to be able to go back to work because there was a point that was looking rather bleak.
    Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
    Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
    Age 54
    T10 to Sacrum
    Curve 65 degrees
    Very straight now!!!

Congratulations Nancy Joy, you've done so well! It's nice to hear that life goes on after this huge "thing".
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Wow!!!

That's wonderful news, Nancy Joy! You must really be doing great to be back at work so soon! Hope all continues to go smoothly. Keep us updated as you go. Hugs, Susie
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

yeah for you!

Nancy-congrats on getting back to your old life....or thats what I call it! lol Did you go back 1/2 day or a full day? And did it take you forever to get ready in the morning...as far as doing your hair, makeup etc? Im worried about going back to work even tho I know I have a long time to go. I tried blow drying my hair about a week ago(I laugh now as I know how ridicylous this sounds now!) and it took all of the energy out of me. I was thinkin' to myself "how in the world am I going to do this when I actaully have to?" Im so silly! Either way, hope that you continue to have good luck getting back to your old life!!
        Lynn -30.... something
        DxD @ 8 yrs old: 10* curve-no brace-no nothin'!
        At age 26: Thorasic 48*/Lumbar 50*
        At age 34: Thorasic 58*/Lumbar 60*
        Posterior T5-L4 Fusion Jan 14th, 2009 w/Dr Tribus
        UW Madison, WI Hospital
        **AFTER: less than 10* Thorasic/15* Lumbar**

Comment

thanks all- Lynn, you got me laughing- I used to "bonk" my head with the blow dryer! Just couldn't get that distance right!!! At your stage, if I showered, dried my hair and got any makeup on, I had done a full days work. I put out what I am going to wear the night before and it takes about 40 minutes to shower, etc. (Like you, I am meticulous about my appearance and wear a lot of slacks and jackets) Since I can't bend at the waist, putting socks (especially nylon knee highs) on is so hard without my "sock aid" but I am gaining. My sister in law mentioned panty hose might be out for good? Scary possibility. I did go on a shopping spree at the the huge closeouts last week and it was so nice to put on clothes and be straight! (2 hours of shopping was PLENTY for my bod to take) The rewards will be coming. I am really sorry about your leg. That would be majorly dissappointing.
          Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
          Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
          Age 54
          T10 to Sacrum
          Curve 65 degrees
          Very straight now!!!

Comment

Working...
          X