Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortable Shoes

Hi all,

I have been noticing more and more now that my scoliosis is getting a lot worse that it's hurts my back to wear shoes with a heel. (ANY heel, even small ones.) Does anyone else have this pain when wearing heels? If so, what "dress" shoes have you been able to wear?

Thanks a bunch!

Crystal

Originally posted by crystalalice88 View Post
    Hi all,

I have been noticing more and more now that my scoliosis is getting a lot worse that it's hurts my back to wear shoes with a heel. (ANY heel, even small ones.) Does anyone else have this pain when wearing heels? If so, what "dress" shoes have you been able to wear?

Thanks a bunch!

Crystal
    Crystal,

I have the same problem as you. I used to be able to wear 4 inch heals and very rarely do now. I can wear about 1 1/2 inch but as soon as I take them off I can feel how all my bones have shifted and am usually in a lot of pain. It's not to bad while I'm in them, it's the taking off part. Sometimes for vanity sake I will wear my favorite dress boots and my husband will say "are you going to be able to walk in those all night?" The first few times he asked I would get mad and say "I'll be fine". Guess what? then I would come home and limp for the pain killers and muscle relaxers. Now I don't grab the boots anymore. I live in my sneakers or the 1 inch dress loafers. I have more sneakers than dress shoes these days
    Susan

Diagnosed at 10, Boston brace from 11-13 yrs old.
    50* Lumbar w/ 5 centimeter shift to the left and slight rib hump...
    Surgery Date: April 15 and April 22, 2009
    X-LIF approach for disc repair L5,L4,L3,L2
    Posterior Approach for fusions L5-T5
    Dr. Fox @ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
    Nice and straight now!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X