PDA

View Full Version : Post-op I had surgery Dec. 31

rgibbs1030
01-22-2009, 07:53 PM
I havent been on in a while. I had my surgery on Dec. 31. pre-op curve was 49 post-op curve is now 11. They only had to cut from T5-T12. I am very happy with the results. I was in the hospital for 8 days due to problems with my digestion. I had a hard time in the hospital the first 3 days I really don't remember much I remember seeing some of my family and have a x ray have the tube taken out of my throat. I was throwing up a lot and not wanting to get up and walk or eat when i would go to physical therapy i would get really dizzy and get sick. I went in on wed and i was going home on that Sunday when i threw up 5 pill from that day and the night before and they weren't even dissolved so they made me stay and get a new IV they changed my pain meds and put me back on a clear liquid diet, they took an xray of my stomach because i hadn't gone to the bathroom, but it just looked like i had a lot of gas which was good. It had been 3 weeks i am doing great the scar is looking good.

Susie*Bee
01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Dear rgibbs-- it's great to hear from you! It sounds like you are making progress-- you're posting and everything! Be proud of yourself! Look how far you've come already since you were in the hospital. It will just keep getting better! Keep us posted with how you are doing. Gentle hugs, Susie

Nancy Joy
01-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi rgibbs~ Terrific to hear you are home and improving. I can't think of much worse than throwing up after surgery. You have my belated sympathy. That had to be very painful. Hang in there!