Post-op I had surgery Dec. 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-op I had surgery Dec. 31

I havent been on in a while. I had my surgery on Dec. 31. pre-op curve was 49 post-op curve is now 11. They only had to cut from T5-T12. I am very happy with the results. I was in the hospital for 8 days due to problems with my digestion. I had a hard time in the hospital the first 3 days I really don't remember much I remember seeing some of my family and have a x ray have the tube taken out of my throat. I was throwing up a lot and not wanting to get up and walk or eat when i would go to physical therapy i would get really dizzy and get sick. I went in on wed and i was going home on that Sunday when i threw up 5 pill from that day and the night before and they weren't even dissolved so they made me stay and get a new IV they changed my pain meds and put me back on a clear liquid diet, they took an xray of my stomach because i hadn't gone to the bathroom, but it just looked like i had a lot of gas which was good. It had been 3 weeks i am doing great the scar is looking good.

Dear rgibbs-- it's great to hear from you! It sounds like you are making progress-- you're posting and everything! Be proud of yourself! Look how far you've come already since you were in the hospital. It will just keep getting better! Keep us posted with how you are doing. Gentle hugs, Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi rgibbs~ Terrific to hear you are home and improving. I can't think of much worse than throwing up after surgery. You have my belated sympathy. That had to be very painful. Hang in there!
      Nancy Joy

Surgery- Posterior- Oct. 8th, 2008
      Anterior- Nov. 10th, 2008
      Age 54
      T10 to Sacrum
      Curve 65 degrees
      Very straight now!!!

Comment

Working...
      X