Questions for a doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for a doctor

I am going in for my appointment to ask all my surgery questions. We are still trying to decide whether to do surgery. Does anyone have a great list of questions to ask or questions they wished they would have asked? Thanks!

Dear Tree-- if you do a search, you will turn up some questions-- although you may have to wade through "questions" that aren't for the doctor. Here is a link to a thread I remembered-- and maybe it will help a little. If you need different help than that, I'll try to help some more. And I'm sure you'll hear from others too. When is your appointment? Best wishes!

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...ns+appointment

Just thought of another question, so I'm adding this. "When I have questions or concerns that I think of, can I contact someone at your office to help provide me with the answers." -- or something like that. I didn't think of asking questions at times other than my appointments till after my surgery, but then I had his nurse to whom I could send emails or call. When she felt the questions were not what she should answer, she forwarded them to him. I'm sure I could have asked him directly, but a lot of my questions seemed too basic to bother him with.
    Last edited by Susie*Bee; 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
    X