Nationwide cosmetics giveaway Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide cosmetics giveaway Tuesday

OK, I know this has nothing to do with scoliosis at all, but since this site is female dominated I thought I would share it...

Nationwide cosmetics giveaway Tuesday

More than a decade later, consumers everywhere can benefit from the settlement of the class action lawsuit. Starting Tuesday, department stores nationwide will be giving away cosmetics worth $175 million. The sale lasts a week on a first-come, first-served basis, but Bloomingdale's in Bloomington expects the freebies to be gone within a day or a day and a half. Anyone who purchased cosmetics between May 1994 and July 2003 is eligible to take part. Consumers must sign a form declaring that they purchased products during that period.

More than 14 department stores will be participating in the giveaway, including Bloomingdale's, Dillard's, Herberger's, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and Younkers. The list of freebies includes perfume by Boucheron, Christian Dior and Guerlin, body lotion by Clarins, Chanel, Vera Wang and Calvin Klein, shower gel by Sarah Jessica Parker, Lancome, Giorgio Armani and Ralph Lauren, Advanced Night Repair by Estee Lauder, Moisture Surge by Clinique and mascara by Lancome.
    Cheers!

Brad
    Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
    Still have 57 degree curve
    2 Harrington rods
    Luque method used
    Dr David Bradford
    Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
    Preop xray (with brace on)
    Postop xray

My name is actually in the class action lawsuit but I'm not even going to bother. They limited the free 'giveaway' items severely to only a few products and no doubt the malls that are allowed to give away(there was more detail in the emails sent out to all the lawsuit participants... i didn't really read it) will be crazy busy anyway.

They were supposed to give some sort of exchange-tickets to lawsuit participants but now that it's on the honor system, lots of ebay sellers will take advantage and lie to get multiple free items for free profit.
    30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
    2005 - T50, L31
    bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
    2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
    Post - op curve ~35

Comment

I got a letter about it too, and decided it just wasn't worth the fuss. Thanks anyway, Brad, for thinking of us.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Yeah they did limit it to one per person, and did have a limited choice. We still went and my wife got some mascara. The lines were really small though. I don't think this was well known at all. At least here.

Debbe, I'm always thinking of the people here. Any time I'm feeling down at my pain I think of a lot of people here who have gone through worse and still do things. If I can do a small thing like this, its not a problem. I owe this forum and the people on it so much.

Brad
        Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
        Still have 57 degree curve
        2 Harrington rods
        Luque method used
        Dr David Bradford
        Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
        Preop xray (with brace on)
        Postop xray

Comment

Working...
        X