PDA

View Full Version : Update on Lynn

LynnMarie74
01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Lynn had the first cut made at 9:27 this morning. Her Dr. said that after reviwing her file he will only need to go through the back instead of both the front and back.

I was very pleased to hear that since that means less time under the knife and of course Lynn being Lynn said she was happy because it was one less scar.

We have some pre op pics and I will take some post op. Lynn will post those as soon as she is able to.

Lynn's huband, Paul.

flowerpower
01-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery.

Renee

debbei
01-14-2009, 01:35 PM
YEAH!! I am so happy to hear it's a less complicated surgery for Lynn. Thanks for updating us Paul!

WNCmom
01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Best wishes, and glad to hear it's posterior only. Thinking of you, Lynn.

Nancy Joy
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh how wonderful she didn't have to have the front! Incredible. I hope all goes well as she recovers. Thanks for letting us know so fast how it is now.

JenniferG
01-14-2009, 03:22 PM
What great news, thanks Paul! Thinking of you Lynn

Susie*Bee
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, that's great news! Thanks for letting us know, Paul. Gentle hugs for Lynn, when she's able. :) Susie

LynnMarie74
01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Here is the latest update.. please forgive me if I get the numbers wrong but I am going to do my best..

Her surgery went very well. The spine was fused from L4 to T5. They used a titanium kit and placed 12 screws total. The Dr. used bone from her spine so there was no need to use bone from the hip. (again another cut that did not have to be made.)

The process went faster then projected, start time 9:27 AM end time 1:45 PM. She is still in recovery so I have not seen her, but they said that she demonstrated good motor/muscle response throughout the process and he does not forsee any paralysis issues. They expect her to be up an moving by Saturday and home by Monday at the lastest.

Thank you so much for all the love and support you have provided not only for Lynn but also for myself. :)

Paul.

CHRIS WBS
01-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Thatís great news, Paul. Lynn has her youth in her favor. When patients are older like me, the surgeon has to deal with all the degenerative changes in the spine which makes for a more complex and lengthy surgery. Wishing Lynn a very speedy recovery. Chris

discombobulated
01-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Paul, thanks so much for the updates. I'm so glad it ended up being posterior only & that the spinal bone chips were enough. Things sound very positive.

Thinking much of you both...take care of yourself, too :)

Louisse
01-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi Lynn and Paul
thanks for updating us with such great news - 2 cuts less than you both expected - thats gonna help the healing process...!
pass on my best wishes to Lynn and positive healing vibes winging their way to you both for a speedy uneventful recovery.
Louisse

debbei
01-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Paul,

thank you for the second update!! I am just so happy for both of you. I know how hard this must be on you too. My husband had himself looking strong, but I know inside, he was worried sick.

Send Lynn my love,

briarrose
01-14-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm so glad to hear everything went well! The worst is behind you.

JenniferG
01-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Paul, you are doing a fantastic job of keeping us up to date.

This surgery has turned out so much better than Lynn was expecting, I am so happy for her. I can't believe she could be home as early as Monday.

Please take good care of yourself and let Lynn know we're very happy with such great news.

loves to skate
01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the update Paul. Give Lynn my best and I am so happy for her that the surgery was much less than expected. God bless you both.
Sally

abhbarry
01-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Send Lynn my best wishes. Dr. Tribus is very good. She will continue to get better. You can do it Lynn!
Best,
Anya

LisaMS
01-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Dear Lynn and Paul,

I'm so happy and relieved that the surgery was less invasive than expected! Hooray!

Now I'm sending lots of prayers for healing. Hope everything goes smoothly on the recovery end!
Lisa

LeeJo
01-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Glad to hear it, best wishes!