Surgery date brought forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery date brought forward

I had a call from Dr. Askin's office this morning. Surgery was scheduled for March 10 but he had scheduled a holiday starting the 11th so the date has been brought forward to March 3. She said he didn't want to leave my care to anybody else while he was away.

So that's good. I will be admitted on the 2nd, for pre-op tests then surgery next morning.

Seven weeks to go.
    Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
    Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
    T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
    Osteotomies and Laminectomies
    Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Jennifer,

Sounds like you have a Doctor who really cares. Good for you and best wishes. Sally
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Sally is right. It's comforting to think that your doctor wants to be around to take care of you.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Thanks girls, I am pleased he will be around for the recovery. I have heard nothing but good about him. Dr. Askin is also Discombobulated's surgeon.

Comment

Jen - what a shock, I know! - but I reckon the sooner you're RECOVERING (how great does that word sound!), the better. You're going to do great.

And yes, as you know, I can't recommend Dr. A. highly enough, & I would have been shocked had he left your care to anyone else - I believe he even operated on a lady who was in desperate pain, scheduled it for Christmas Eve with only a few days notice because she was so desperate. And he kept up his rounds at the hospital over the Christmas/New Year period as much as needed, for her & all his patients. He is so dedicated, & I have to say I'm relieved to hear he's taking some time for himself soon, too.

And in the meantime, I'm so glad you're in (what I've found to be) fabulous hands & compassionate heart.

Take care :-)

Comment

Thanks Michelle. Your experience with Dr. Askin has been a real comfort to me. I feel quite confident that I'll be in caring and experienced hands.

Comment

Working...
            X