Newbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe

hey guys I have my brace on right now. I am seriously about to burn it and i;ve only had it for 2 days. This thing hurts when it is on and i can't breath and then when i take it off it hurts even more. It is soo frusteration. And on have any personal experiences that they can share that will perk me up that would be great, because i need to stop focusing on the pain and the lack of breathing, also i never fell hungry when it is on why is that?
    Katelyn Caralle
    14 9th grade
    Curve out of brace:decreased to 15
    Curve in brace: 0
    Boston Brace

Hang in there

Hi Cats Eyes, sounds like you are having a hard time. My daughter, who is a lot younger than you I am guessing, got her full-time brace a month ago, after an unsuccessful night-time brace. During the first couple of weeks she definitely had her ups and downs--I don't think it hurt her but she was upset about it. We hung in there and, now, she has gotten used to it and does not remember she has it on most of the time. You are very stressed out right now, and that is completely understandable. Try to breathe (literally and figuratively), and give it some time. If your brace really hurts you, you might need to have it adjusted. Are you wearing a brace tee under it? They make it more comfortable. I see you have posted in the "Dressing Your Curves" area too--I went there for advice the first day too because I had no idea how to make things work with the brace. I figured it out and you will too. Wear what makes you feel good--some kids wear very skinny leggings, with VERY thin waistbands under (so there is no pressure), some (like mine) wear leggings over with empire waist or A-line style shirts that cover it. You probably will need a shirt a size larger. Hoodies hide the brace very well if that is a concern for you. I'm sure you'll get some responses from kids who can give you more specific advice, but for now I hope this helps...
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

I am not sure what kind of brace do you have, but try to see a physiotherapist in your area. Combination of Schroth physiotherapy and brace use is the best combination. Don't give up and burn your brace yet, your brace maker could also make minor adjustments to make it a little more comfortable. You have to be able the breath and the deeper you breath the better for you.
      Originally posted by Cat Eyes View Post
      hey guys I have my brace on right now. I am seriously about to burn it and i;ve only had it for 2 days. This thing hurts when it is on and i can't breath and then when i take it off it hurts even more. It is soo frusteration. And on have any personal experiences that they can share that will perk me up that would be great, because i need to stop focusing on the pain and the lack of breathing, also i never fell hungry when it is on why is that?

Comment

Working...
      X