Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connie suffers from a complication

Hi everyone,

I just got home from the hospital...I was there for 6 days....I have a PE or pulmonary embolism or blood clot in the lung...I was very fortunate that I caught this before it went to the heart ....The symtoms from a PE was masked by my spinal surgery...When I would take a deep breath it was a sharp pain in my chest....I thought it was muscle.....when I had pain in my leg I thought it was from the graft...I'm on blood thinners...cumindin....i have to be watched very closely....my doctors were great even the surgeon was calling me from the city to check on me...It happened, I moved around very much after surgery...it happened...complications after surgery....so...everthing else is good...I'm still stiff on the spine but my energy level is up...now my spirits have to match my energy.....
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

I'm so glad they caught the PE in time. Good for you. Continued Good Luck wishes to you in your recovery.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

courage

Hi Connie,

I'm so glad you got this checked out. I know we are all thinking of you and sending you cheery thoughts. Just one day at a time, and believe it will get better. Thank you so much for your messages, I am back in town and will try giving you call some time next week.

Laura
      30y/o
      Upper curve around 55
      Lower curve around 35

Comment

so glad you . . . .

Hi Connie:

Wow I am soooo glad you caught that before it was something worse - not that that wasn't bad enough. Please know that you are in my thoughts and I hope for continued progress.

Nancy
        Nancy

Comment

Connie,
          So glad it was caught early. Happy to hear you are doing well. I was thinking of calling you, but never sure when is a good time ... best wishes

Mish

Comment

Thanks everyone,

I'm still being watched very closely by my doctor...I get blood test 3 to 4 times a week to get my coumindin levels stable....and I have pain in my chest....One day I hope to be free of all pain..Thanks for your support it helps me every step of the way.
            CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
            fused T4 -L3
            Hip graft
            Grown 1 1/2 inches
            25/o upper T 15/o
            53/o T 15/o
            37/o L 6/o
            Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
            New York City

August 6, 2004
            Pulmonary Embolism