Brace to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brace to be

I have left a message in here only once before and only 2 days ago. Now I herd that TOMORROW I am picking up my brace and must begin to wear it emideatly. I am scarred, worried, and anxious about what will happen.
    If any one has any ideas, suggestions, word of advice, comfort, or anything to say. please do because right know i need all the comfort and help that i can get.

Signed
    Katelyn (new to brace) Caralle
    Katelyn Caralle
    14 9th grade
    Curve out of brace:decreased to 15
    Curve in brace: 0
    Boston Brace

Nervous

Hey everyone, I am getting my brace today and I am so scarred. I have no idea what to expect. I am going to school but will have to leve early to pick up the brace. Everyone, please keep me in your prayers and tell me what to expect.
    Katelyn Caralle
    14 9th grade
    Curve out of brace:decreased to 15
    Curve in brace: 0
    Boston Brace

Comment

Hang in there

Katelyn, hang in there, I will be praying for you. Im 37 and I wear a brace, you get used to it and you still remain the same great person you are. You can PM me if you would like or need anything.

Hang in there =)
      Kevin
      AIS and Traumatic Scoliosis
      Degrees always differ (LOL)
      THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!!

Comment

Katelyn,

I'm thinking of you too. The 1st week or so will probably be the most difficult - it was for my daughter, but it gets better!! Hang in there! It won't be forever!
        CAmomof2

July 07 - T 26*
        Aug 08 - curve now 22*
        Sept 08 - SpineCor Brace (in brace 17*) Ste. Justine
        March 09 - in brace 14*
        Aug 09 - in brace 14* / MRI normal
        Feb 10 - in brace 18* - had an oob xray - now 35*
        June 10 Considered VBS T 32*, L 27* , Stopped SpineCor brace
        Sept 10 T 38*, L 26*
        April 11 T 45*, L 31*
        July 11 T 51*, L 37*
        MIS SURGERY - NOV 28, 2011 / Age 12 / Fused T4 - T12

Comment

Katelyn,

Hi-my daughter has been wearing a brace for the last year (Rigo-Cheneau). Before getting her brace, she met with another braced girl who gave her advice. This advice was her saving grace during the first few weeks: "At first the brace seems awful, but after a few weeks, you will get used to it." Nothing monumental, but my daughter remembered these words while she was getting used to her brace (which in the beginning was rough). It let her know that indeed it would get better. After a few weeks, she was fine. Now, she wears it 22+ hours a day and most of the time doesn't even notice that she has it on.

Finding clothing that works helps. She wears a cotton tank top under the brace, a thin but somewhat form fitting (not tight) t-shirt over the brace, and then an American Eagle thin hoodie over the t-shirt. She also wears "skinny" jeans. This is her "outfit" and it works with the brace very well. The brace is really not very noticeable, she just looks a bit stiff when she walks. She takes it off during PE, PT & showering, and for school dances.

Best of luck to you.

brooke

Comment

Working...
          X