myelogram & ct scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myelogram & ct scan

Yesterday I had my myelogram and ct scan for diagnostic purposes before my anticipated surgery on January 28th and February 10th with Dr. Rand. I still feel headachy and sleepy from it. I had a myelogram done 22 years ago and boy are they different from how way they used to be done. The first one was done the day before i had my first back surgery. I wonder why some doctors use myelograms for diagnosis compared to using discograms. I guess they show different things. Does anyone know the reasons why a doctor would chose one over the other?
    thanks
    avis
    1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
    2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
    2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
    Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

I had a doctor tell me mylograms were for examining nerves.
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

I had always had discograms done until last month when my dr ordered both a myelo/ct scan and a discogram. I think the disco's are done to check your discs and if they are causing the pain by bulging, being ruptured, or degenerating. The myelograms, as rainbow said, examine the nerves and the routes they take from your spinal column thru your vertabrae to see if there are any pinches or narrowing (stenosis) that can be causing the problem. For me the disco's have more painful after-effects than the myelo did. That's probably cause my myleo showed no problems, while the disco does. :S

Comment

Working...
      X