Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Brace

Hello,
    My name is Katelyn and I herd about this site when I was told that I may have to get a brace. Well, turns out I have to get one. I am not wearing one yet and I am really scared anyone that is in a brace or has experience, please talk to me. I want to be ready for what may happen. I am getting a Boston Brace and I have the things that you want to wear under them. My mother has encouraged me and helped me alot but I am still soo scared. I am 13. Can any one help me?

PosTed by KaTelYn
    Katelyn Caralle
    14 9th grade
    Curve out of brace:decreased to 15
    Curve in brace: 0
    Boston Brace

Hi Katelyn,

Welcome! Everyone is welcome on this forum, but you won't find too many kids/teens on this forum. Have you heard of Spinekids? It is a forum similar to this one, but unlike this one, it is mostly kids/teens. Good luck.

Mary Lou
    Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

im 13 too. I have a 34.3 curve and i have to wear a brace. The brace may hurt at times and if you feel numbness in your legs or arms call your person who made your brace. i have to wear my brace for 16 hours a day. if you need any advice e-mail my account

Comment

hi

im 14, i use to wear a boston brace 22 - 23 hrs a day.
        i know wat u mean about being scared.
        i won't lie to you for me the brace was hell and i hated it soooo much but it doesn't mean its gonna be bad 4 u.
        the best advice i can give u is never give up, if u r finding it really tough and u just want to take it off, take it off for a lil bit but the longer u have it off the harder it gets to put it bk on.
        for me the brace didn't help and in june 08 i had 2 ops for my scoliosis.
        keep smiling, it may have not helped me but i onoe braces have helped many other people.
        xxx

Comment

We are in the same boat!

Hi Katelyn! I'm going to get a brace soon too. I'm pretty nervous too. But I know a little bit about braces because my little cousin has been wearing one for most of her life. I'm getting a Boston brace. What kind are you getting? We should keep in touch to see how each other are doing.

Comment

Working...
          X