Sciatica Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sciatica Question

Now, in addition to my upper back problems, I am having sciatica symptoms back and forth between both legs. This is a new issue for me. I have been doing upper back exercises, anybody know what's good for scaitica? My left foot has been "asleep" since Tuesday.
    35 years old. Boston braced from age 11-16. S curve 37* thoracic, 29* lumbar. Right arm, right sided thorax pain.

I used heat and ibuprofen until they didn't work any more. Then I had to have surgery because my fusion had grown on its own and was pressing on the nerves. I got instant relief from the surgery!
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

LeeJo

Do you have any idea what your cobb angles are today? It would be a good idea to find out what they are. Your Chiro or Ortho can tell you what they are. Its good to have a copy of your x-rays burned on disc, dated and in your possession.

I went through several sciatica spells years ago, with the longest being from Jan2002 to Sept 2002 which was 9 months. I was twisted pretty bad down low and that's where sciatica starts. Its an impingement in your Lumbar area. I had 4 herniations, and took Celebrex and Bextra for 6 months. That took care of 90% of that pain. I cured it temporarily by swimming in the ocean every day for 2 weeks. That de-weighted the discs and gave them a chance to heal. 2 years later it happened again.

More than likely, you have a herniation of a disc. Google it. Sciatica can cure itself however, its not easy.

After several spells with excruciating pain over about 5 years, that led me to think about having my surgery.

All my pain is gone now after surgery.

Ed
      49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
      Pre surgery curves T70,L70
      ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
      Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Ed, thanks for the advice. I go to the scoliosis clinic next week and then I will find out what my current Cobb angle is. I have been dealing with pain and tingling all over on and off for 3+ years. First I thought my neck and head pain was migraines, then when my hand started going tingly and weak I found out that I have a bad disk in my neck. I also have throacic pain and tingling, so I really think the logical answer is to get my scoliosis checked out and addressed. Honestly that didn't occur to me until about a month ago. I am afraid that surgery is in my future.

I will make sure to get the x-rays burned to disc, the chiro doesn't have great ones, but I bet the scoliosis clinic can do that for me.
        35 years old. Boston braced from age 11-16. S curve 37* thoracic, 29* lumbar. Right arm, right sided thorax pain.

Comment

Working...
        X